atom feed5 messages in org.apache.geronimo.userHow to deploy web application to one ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Russell E GlaueDec 4, 2008 1:52 pm
viola.luDec 4, 2008 10:59 pm
David JencksDec 4, 2008 11:56 pm
Russell E GlaueDec 5, 2008 7:29 am
Russell E GlaueDec 17, 2008 8:33 am
Subject:How to deploy web application to one port
From:Russell E Glaue (rgl@cait.org)
Date:Dec 4, 2008 1:52:35 pm
List:org.apache.geronimo.user

Using geronimo-jetty 2.1.3

How do I deploy a web application to one and only one single port?

Let's say I have configured two Listen Sockets: 1) 0.0.0.0:2150 2) 0.0.0.0:2151

If I simply deploy a web application to Geronimo as in: % deploy.sh deploy HelloWorld.war

The sample application HellowWorld is accessible on both ports as in: 1) http://0.0.0.0:2150/hello - SUCCESS!!! 2) http://0.0.0.0:2151/hello - SUCCESS!!!

Now, I can modify WelloWorld/WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml with the <virtual-host>virt1.com</virtual-host> attribute, but this restrict the web application to be served when the web client makes a HTTP 1.1 call to Geronimo for "virt1.com" GET /hello

So with using this <virtual-host>, the HellowWorld is not available on either port when accessed as <server-ip>:<port-number>

So, how do I deploy a web application so that it is available on one port, but not another port, yet both ports running under one geronimo instance?

I want to deploy two web applications, each one accessible on a different port. If I do something like: % deploy.sh deploy HelloWorld_1.war % deploy.sh deploy HelloWorld_2.war

I want the results to be like: 1) http://0.0.0.0:2150/hello_1 - SUCCESS!!! 2) http://0.0.0.0:2150/hello_2 - Fail 3) http://0.0.0.0:2151/hello_1 - Fail 4) http://0.0.0.0:2151/hello_2 - SUCCESS!!!

How do I do this?

-RG