|tony...@productinnovator.com||Mar 20, 2006 3:59 pm|
|Subject:||Groups - Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference modified|
|Date:||Mar 20, 2006 3:59:55 pm|
Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference has been modified by Mr. Tony Jewtushenko*
Date: Tuesday, 21 March 2006 Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm ET
Event Description: Standing monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference. 1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers: From the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 From the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100 From the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000
2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key
3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be:
a. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key b. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting.
If the organizer has started the meeting you will be:
a. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (030543) b. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key
Agenda: 1/roll call Apologies: Peter Reynolds
2/Previous meeting minutes: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00015.html Vote to approve or amend official record.
3/TC Organisational Issues: The TC chair proposes that the TC alter its management structure to include the role of "Co-Chair". The TC chair nominates Bryan Schnabel to this officer role. We shall discuss and possibly approve the appointment or arrange for a web ballot. By OASIS rules, to approve the change the TC voting membership must approve with at least 51% of voting members.
4/ Work in Progress: A. XLIFF 1.2 Specification a.Ballot Passed Approving Committee Draft NO DISCUSSION OR ACTION REQUIRED.
b. XLIFF 1.2 Committee Draft Specification: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16367/draft-xliff-core-1.2-20060123.zip
c. Doug's XSD update 1: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200602/msg00010.html Issue: does the committee support adding Strict & Transional XSD's? For both 1.1 and 1.2? Issue: Tool-id attribute corrections, and additional constraints - OK to fix in both 1.1 and 1.2? In past discussion, TC was not opposed to Strict & Transitional XSD paradigm but want guidance from OASIS. Bug fixing the XSD will need to update both 1.1 and 1.2. DECISION: Discuss further until next month's meeting - add to agenda to discuss and possibly approve solution.
d. Doug's (and Rudolfo) XSD and Spec update: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00000.html Issue: explicitly state that the id attribute must be unique? Issue: add constraints for the xid attribute? Issue: Does the ID need to be unique? Are there any instances where it would not be? Seems unlikely but we need to avoid breaking backwards compatibility.
Discuss possible options to resolve the issue.
e. Doug's proposal to deprecate restype attribute for bin-target: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00022.html
e. Andzrej: XLIFF inline elements with spacial characteristics: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00001.html Response from Florian: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00005.html Response from Andzrej: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00006.html Issue: Do we open up the spec to address the rawreplace=' ' mechanism suggested by Florian?
At past TC meeting, Andzrej explained. Magnus also concurred that this is a very useful feature, but probably should rename to something more simple and clear. Tony prepared a ballot with all suggestions, and the ballot results are here-> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot.php?id=975
Andzrej will author spec modifitions.
B. Namespace Versioning RESOLVED - WILL NOT CHANGE CURRENT PARADIGM. ISSUE CLOSED in 21 Feb 2006 meeting - KEPT FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES
B. Representation Guides: a. COMPLETE: HTML Spec needs to be reopened to deal with inline tags issue.
b. NET & Windows Resources NOTE: NO PROGRESS SINCE MEETING IN NOVEMBER Initial draft of .NET Profile: Latest draft of Windows Res Data Resources (revised 21 Sep 2005): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200509/msg00011.html
c. Java Resource Bundles NOTE: NO PROGRESS SINCE MEETING IN NOVEMBER NO ACTION OR DECISION REQUIRED.
d. PO Files: Updated PO files representation document to 1.2 specification -> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00007.html Issue: This document needs to be approved as 1.2 committee draft. Will discuss if a ballot should take place in the meeting or online...
Rudolfo suggested that the document is mssing a revision - needs to be revised with recommended approach for handling escape sequences... ACTION ITEM: Rudolfo sent a revision to Tony via email and Tony will update the document and share with TC.
D. Open issues: a. Translation of Voice XML Issues NEW UPDATE (5 Mar 2006) from Mat: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00003.html
Archived Historical detail: ~ Open until resolution of namespace issue. - Action Item: Mat will submit a proposal on how to handle Voice XML issues. Initial: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00016.html Update: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200403/msg00017.html
b. Extending XLIFF with separate namespaces. Some thought has been put into this issue but not yet even in draft form. ACTION ITEM: Mat & Andzrej will work offline to advance this work. 4/XLIFF 1.2 Certification activities: Placeholder for any Ignite issues requiring discussion...
c. Best practice: should extraction process create target elements? Topic proposed by Doug. Discussed in mailing list: Initial Proposal (Doug): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00023.html Comment (Bryan): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00023.html Comment (Tony): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00035.html Comment (Rodolfo): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200603/msg00032.html
6/ Reports from liaisons involved with other standards groups: A. W3C i18n B. Oscar C. Trans-WS D. LRC E: OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita
7/Events- none scheduled
8/All other business
9/Next meeting: in 2 weeks - 5 April 2006, 11am EST / 4pm BST
This event is one in a list of recurring events. Other event dates in this series:
Tuesday, 17 January 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 21 February 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 18 April 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 16 May 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 20 June 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET Tuesday, 18 July 2006, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
View event details: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=9431
PLEASE NOTE: If the above link does not work for you, your email application may be breaking the link into two pieces. You may be able to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR METHOD:PUBLISH VERSION:2.0 PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar BEGIN:VEVENT CATEGORIES:MEETING STATUS:TENTATIVE DTSTAMP:20060320T000000Z DTSTART:20060321T160000Z DTEND:20060321T170000Z SEQUENCE:4 SUMMARY:Monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference DESCRIPTION:Standing monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference. \n1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers: \nFrom the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 \nFrom the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100 \nFrom the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000 \n\n2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key \n\n3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be: \n\na. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key \nb. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting. \n\nIf the organizer has started the meeting you will be: \n\na. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (030543) \nb. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key\n\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Mr. Tony Jewtushenko* URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=9431 UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=9431 END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR