|Carol Geyer||Dec 11, 2007 8:49 am|
|Subject:||Reschedule BPEL EdBoard Call|
|From:||Carol Geyer (caro...@oasis-open.org)|
|Date:||Dec 11, 2007 8:49:14 am|
I'd like to reschedule this week's BPEL Editorial Board call to find a day/time that's more convenient to people. If we can have just one more call before the holiday break--and take care of the remaining action items--I think we'll be in good shape to launch the site in early January. Would Friday, 14 Dec, at 1:00 US ET work for everyone?
Outstanding action items:
1) We still have *lots* of red links (ideas for pages but no content) in our wiki http://bpel.xml.org/wiki. If everyone on the EdBoard could find a few hours between now and the end of the year to fill in a few of these blanks, it will make a huge difference for our site launch. Remember, you don't have to commit to writing everything there is to say on a topic; it may only take a few paragraphs to get the ball rolling and encourage others to expand on your initial text.
2) Everyone should list their name, brief bio, and (optional) photo at http://bpel.xml.org/editorial-board.
3) Consider subscribing to the Forum RSS feeds at http://bpel.xml.org/forums/using-bpel-0 and http://bpel.xml.org/forums/ws-bpel-spec-comments-0. We're starting to get questions posted to these forums, and we want to be sure prompt responses are provided. (Thanks to Diane, Dieter, and Mark for already staying on top of this.)
4) We currently have product listings posted from the following companies: Active Endpoints Cape Clear IBM IDS Scheer AG Progress Software Red Hat
If your company offers a BPEL product, and it isn't listed yet, please be sure to add a listing *this month*. If you're aware of a product that isn't listed, please send an email to the company (or me) and ask them to list their product. When our BPEL XML.org launch press release goes out, editors will be looking to our product directory as a gauge of BPEL uptake.
4) Consider starting a BPEL blog http://bpel.xml.org/blog to document your personal opinions, experiences, observations on BPEL.
5) I removed the "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" note on the homepage, as all the major stuff appears to be working now. If you notice any functionality issues, please let me know, so I can get them fixed before the launch.
6) We need sponsors for the site! I'm hopeful we'll have two for the launch, but it's important we show that more than two companies regard BPEL as an important standard. If your company hasn't already committed to sponsoring the site, please help me get in touch with your marketing contacts as soon as possible.
_________________________________ Carol Geyer Director of Communications OASIS +1.978.667.5115 x209