|don...@bga.com||May 11, 2010 9:19 am|
|Subject:||[dita] Groups - 11March2010Minutes.txt uploaded|
|Date:||May 11, 2010 9:19:35 am|
Minutes for 11 May 2010 DITA TC meeting (taken by Don Day)
8:00-8:05 Roll call (the meeting had quorum)
During roll call, it was noted that the telecon passcode listed on the
Calendar pages was still wrong. Kris Eberlein amended the affected pages at the time, and that issue should be solved for now.
Approve minutes from previous business meeting: * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201005/msg00000.html (4 May 2010 meeting, Emerson)
Don moved, Seconded by Bruce Nevin, no objections; approved by
Subcommittee/liaison reports * OASIS DITA Adoption TC (11 May 2010)
Gershon reported. This TC met yesterday. Had participated in 4th draft
review, had good input. Continues to approve articles (guide on creating doctype shell, xtm best practice) to be posted in near future.
ANNOUNCEMENT: 1. Member Dana Spradley has passed away
Don held a minute of silence in his memory Action: Gershon to ask Mary about appropriate notifications about Dana's memory in the Acks page Action: Don to post the actual names to the TC mailing list for opt-out (get from review pages) Action: Don to write to Dana's manager to ask about Oracle continuing
representation (Troy K?)
BUSINESS: Key links: 1. ITEM: Check on schedule:
* Our next date is 16 May: Authors complete all review
2. ITEM: Assess author status in addressing review #4 comments * Reports about status: o TOC, organization: Eberlein o Introduction: Eberlein o DITA markup: Eberlein
Kris needs help from Robert--email and phone call to close off o ! Processing: Joseph A few P1 comments remain; Gershon is managing contacts to close on his
questions o ! Configuration, extension, and constraints: Kimber and Grosso
Eliot may be able to finish reviews. o Learning and training: Hunt Gershon noted two comments by Kris on L&T; she will follow up with John o Language reference: Anderson Discussion about details and appropriateness; this is on track.
o Appendix: Eberlein 3. New ITEM: New external discussion that relates to 1.2 explanations * http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/18336 (Eliot's reply; see full thread)
This is a non-issue for now; Jeremy Griffith needs to go through the review process. Action: Don to add comment taking process to questions for Mary next week. Closed
4. ITEM: Review action items generated by this meeting
Seth asked about Gershon's call for help on PDF (Don had taken the item off the agenda since it was tracked through Actions) Seth will assist Gershon with items. Don asked about involving Suite Solutions at this point. Gershon suggests
we start after the list has been resolved. Gershon reminds us that Tony Self and he can do the job if not Joe Gelb.
Kris noted broken hyperlinks in the PDF. Robert will take a look at this. Don noted the PDF Formatting Issues page for the minutes: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PDFFormattingIssues
For next week, all review issues dealt with, new builds ready for Monday Action: Robert to look into ToC numbering for HTML overview; (complete by
Discussion about MI element rebasing; we agreed these are not critical Action: Cris K to ask MI group to document the rationale for now; all
remaining comments not specifically addressed will be captured as future issues.
Don: TC members please consider questions you have for Mary for next
week. Don will remind her.
8:59 Don adjourned the meeting
-- Don Day
The document named 11March2010Minutes.txt has been submitted by Don Day to the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document repository.
View Document Details: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=37734
PLEASE NOTE: If the above links do not work for you, your email application may be breaking the link into two pieces. You may be able to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
-OASIS Open Administration