atom feed5 messages in org.apache.jackrabbit.devJackrabbit 3: architectural changes
FromSent OnAttachments
Jukka ZittingFeb 17, 2010 7:11 am
Jukka ZittingFeb 17, 2010 8:43 am
Justin EdelsonFeb 17, 2010 8:06 pm
Jukka ZittingFeb 18, 2010 12:50 am
Jukka ZittingFeb 18, 2010 2:02 am
Subject:Jackrabbit 3: architectural changes
From:Jukka Zitting (jukk@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 17, 2010 7:11:05 am
List:org.apache.jackrabbit.dev

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses to the repository requirements thread (keep 'em coming)! That's very valuable information when we start looking deeper at the architectural changes and tradeoffs ahead of us.

The main concepts of the current Jackrabbit 1.x/2x. architecture date back to almost a decade ago. During that time we've learned a lot more about how content repositories are best used and implemented, and also the underlying hardware technology has changed dramatically during this time. Now that we're done implementing the new features and changes for JCR 2.0, it's a good time to discuss what we can and should make to modernize the Jackrabbit architecture.

Instead of a single huge thread, I'm going to fire up a number of parallel threads on specific ideas related to this. Feel free to add your own ideas to the mix. Let's use the subject prefix [jr3] to make these design threads easy to identify.

BR,