|Subject:||Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 22 June 2005|
|Date:||Jun 22, 2005 11:09:30 am|
MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING 15H00 - 17H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 22 JUNE 2005
Jon Bosak (chair) Mikkel Brun Marty Burns Tony Coates Mavis Cournane Stephen Green Michael Grimley Anne Hendry Zarella Rendon Kumar Sivaraman Sylvia Webb
With 10 voting members present out of a current total of 16, the meeting was quorate!
Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)
Subcommittee report: SSC
StephenG: Just AnneH and StephenG last week; not a proper meeting. In tomorrow's meeting we will be finalizing everything for the coming round of schema generation and informing DavidK that we do need to include ATG2 schemas.
Team report: Code Lists
MartyB: Spoke briefly with MikeG today and clarified that what needs to be reviewed is the email exchange between MartyB and TonyC.
ACTION: MavisC and MikeG to review the email exchange contained in MartyB's message of 25 April and report back in next week's Atlantic TC call.
MartyB: Will be traveling next week.
MavisC: Spoke to Henry Thompson, who has promised to study MartyB's questions and get back with a response to Marty and Mavis by the end of this week.
MartyB: If we can get Henry's solution to work (which we haven't yet), it would be the obvious choice for a solution that wouldn't require us to use substitution groups.
Review of Pacific and Europe/Asia calls
ACTION: JonB to send mail to the list noting the importance of the TC meeting in Ottawa.
No other comments.
ACTION: TC to review Saito-san's paper on re-architecting Reusable; JonB to note this in separate mail with invitation for a preliminary email discussion:
ACTION ITEM REVIEW
Note that NDR AIs are listed separately below.
ACTION: JonB to ask for a volunteer to serve as liaison to TBG17.
Status: Haven't got to this yet; see last week's minutes for some initial discussion.
ACTION: TC to review the discussion between Marty and Tony in the package posted by Marty 4/25; this issue to be put on the agenda for next week's Atlantic call.
Status: See team report above for disposition.
ACTION: MavisC to "review the xml-dev thread regarding redefine as an alternative to substitution groups and then contact Henry Thompson for clarification (MartyB could not get Henry's suggestion to work)." [From minutes of the June 1 Atlantic call]
Status: See team report above for disposition.
ACTION: MartyB to contact MavisC offline to arrange participation in next week's NDR editors conference call.
ACTION: TC to review the SBS package over the next two weeks, with all comments back to the SBSC by 4 July.
StephenG: No comments have been received so far except BryanR's request for samples. Might have a few comments of my own based on early testing.
ACTION: JonB to review the current TC process and determine whether the SBS should be moved forward as a Committee Draft or a Committee Specification, the primary requirement being for a persistent URL.
AGREED that we will proceed with the changes proposed for the next round of schema programming, including the use of ATG2 CCTS and dependent code list schemas.
UBL 2.0 SCHEDULE
MikkelB: We need to hold to the scheduled approval of UBL 2.0 as an OASIS standard by June 2006.
AGREED to move the meeting tentatively scheduled for the week of 12 June 2006 to the following week (19-23 June 2006). [Given summer weather in Asia, I'm wondering now whether we should move it up to the week of 6 June instead; maybe we can talk about this again next week.]
ACTION: JonB to contact KRLSC to see whether the June 2006 meeting can be hosted in Seoul.
AGREED that the March 2006 meeting should be held in Brussels if possible to provide maximum opportunity for participation by EU stakeholders.
MikkelB: We can default to Copenhagen if necessary.
ACTION: SylviaW to check on the date of the UN/CEFACT plenary in March 2006 to make sure we don't conflict with that schedule.
ACTION: JonB to seek a host for a March 2006 meeting in Brussels.
StephenG: The UBL FAQ still talks about UBL 1.1.
ACTION: JonB to revise the FAQ linked from the UBL TC page.
MavisC: UBL members who are their company's representatives to OASIS should send mail to the OASIS TC Process Subcommittee asking them to implement a more reasonable criterion for voting membership.
JonB: Company reps should send mail to jami...@oasis-open.org requesting that the criterion for removal from voting membership be raised to three meetings in a row instead of the present two meetings in a row.
NDR WORK SESSION
NDR Action items from last week:
ACTION: MavisC to send input to MarkC for ATG (see item #6 in the minutes of the 1 June Eurasia call).
Status: Waiting till Mark returns from vacation.
ACTION: NDR editors to discuss the state of the NDR checklist [do we keep it or regenerate it when we're done making changes to the NDR document?].
AGREED: We will remove the checklist from the NDR document for the time being and regenerate a new version after all changes have been made for UBL 2.0.
ACTION: NDR editors to discuss DavidK's comments on the proposed changes and respond on the list with a spreadsheet that has their responses to his comments; TC to review the proposed changes together with both sets of comments and be prepared to give final approval in next week's Atlantic call [meaning this one].
Status: In today's meeting, we resolved the issues raised by DavidK and updated the NDR document accordingly with changes to DOC1 and clarified wording in GXS1.
ACTION: MavisC to provide a change log and an updated NDR document to the list.
FOR NEXT WEEK'S AGENDA
Resolution of the proposal to re-architect Reusable.
FOR NEXT WEEK'S NDR WORK SESSION
In this week's NDR editor's call, BryanR raised three issues to be discussed next week: (1) A reconsideration of our prohibition of XSD ANY, because there are regional laws requiring the inclusion of specific information, and we need an extensible content area to handle this; (2) Restrictions on strings in UBL content to ensure that the content consists of more than white space, for example through length or minlength facets; (3) Reconsideration of our prohibition of appinfo, because there are many cases where one element is conditional on another; this would give Scehamatron (for example) the data it needs to do conditional/contextual validation.