atom feed7 messages in net.launchpad.lists.openstack[Openstack] EC2 compat.
FromSent OnAttachments
Joshua HarlowApr 10, 2012 4:38 pm
Eric WindischApr 10, 2012 5:30 pm
Eric WindischApr 10, 2012 7:01 pm
Joshua HarlowApr 10, 2012 7:42 pm
Duncan McGreggorApr 11, 2012 8:05 am
Joshua HarlowApr 11, 2012 10:42 am
John GarbuttApr 13, 2012 12:37 pm
Subject:[Openstack] EC2 compat.
From:Joshua Harlow (harl@yahoo-inc.com)
Date:Apr 10, 2012 4:38:50 pm
List:net.launchpad.lists.openstack

Hi all,

I've started gathering tools/docs and possibly a mock ec2 server (wip) that can
allow openstack to figure out exactly what is broken with there ec2
implementation.

The process of course starts with figuring out what is there currently, what is
broken and what needs fixing.

I've started this @ https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-EC2/wiki

This includes XSD's grabbed from amazon (converted from there wsdls),
https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-EC2/tree/master/data/xsds

I've started to fill in what might be a good template for the run instances call
@ https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-EC2/wiki/RunInstances

Do people think this would be useful? Or any suggestions on how to do it
better...

Since EC2 is so key to openstack, the only way to make it better is to have a
very detailed level of docs on how compatible it is, hopefully this is a start.

Of course contributions are welcome, since documenting what is in amazon EC2
laborious task (but it has to be done).

-Josh