atom feed8 messages in org.jboss.lists.netty-usersRe: Android -- real answer
FromSent OnAttachments
scotteskerFeb 16, 2011 12:47 pm
Peter ThomasFeb 17, 2011 12:08 am
chudakFeb 17, 2011 1:46 pm
scotteskerFeb 17, 2011 4:51 pm
Johnny LuongFeb 18, 2011 11:41 am
"이희승 (Trustin Lee)"Feb 21, 2011 8:27 pm
chudakMar 16, 2011 8:16 am
cpluMar 21, 2011 12:16 am
Subject:Re: Android -- real answer
From:chudak (mead@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 17, 2011 1:46:54 pm
List:org.jboss.lists.netty-users

I have a session oriented protocol that I originally built on top of MINA that I recently ported over to Netty. I have the client portion running in an Android application.

I can tell you of a number of issues I've had:

1) NIO is/was broken in Harmony. It leaks file handles and eventually crashes our app. We are building the Android framework/kernel so we ended up patching our local source tree to fix this since the fix apparently didn't make it in until gingerbread and we are building for 2.1

2) SSL is broken in Harmony. We cannot do server authentication because of a bug that causes the SSLEngine to incorrectly complain about a valid usage of the certificate with respect to the extended usage flags. The only way we've been able to use the SSL handler in Netty is to force the connection to anonymous authentication with DH key exchange.

Other than that, things have pretty much worked as expected.