atom feed4 messages in org.kernel.vger.kernel-janitorsRe: Getting started
FromSent OnAttachments
hiren panchasaraJun 2, 2009 4:36 pm
Frederic WeisbeckerJun 2, 2009 5:21 pm
Charles 'Mack' RhinelanderJun 2, 2009 6:03 pm
Kevin DuBoisJun 15, 2009 3:33 am
Subject:Re: Getting started
From:Charles 'Mack' Rhinelander (mrhi@gmail.com)
Date:Jun 2, 2009 6:03:40 pm
List:org.kernel.vger.kernel-janitors

I'm in a similar situation, I started kernel hacking a couple of weeks ago. I'm not much of a C programmer, and I've found the kernelnewbies.org/FAQ section useful, particularly kernelnewbies.org/FAQ/WhereDoIBegin That page describes lots of useful things you can do just by compiling and running the kernel. I've already submitted my first bug, a small thing in a makefile that kept the -mm branch from compiling!

Mack Rhinelander