atom feed7 messages in net.java.dev.glassfish.usersRe: V3 clustering support?
FromSent OnAttachments
Comerford, SeanDec 10, 2009 12:23 pm
John ClinganDec 10, 2009 12:47 pm
Comerford, SeanDec 10, 2009 12:54 pm
Dominik DornDec 10, 2009 1:03 pm
Alexis Moussine-PouchkineDec 10, 2009 1:29 pm
Jan LueheDec 10, 2009 1:34 pm
Eduardo Pelegri-LlopartDec 10, 2009 2:12 pm
Subject:Re: V3 clustering support?
From:John Clingan (John@Sun.COM)
Date:Dec 10, 2009 12:47:16 pm
List:net.java.dev.glassfish.users

On Dec 10, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Comerford, Sean wrote:

What is the plan around clustering in V3?

It is in the plans. Working on the v3.next roadmap. Stay tuned.

It seems to have been completely dropped in the initial release.

It was not planned for the initial release, but we are working on it for an
update release. Note, this is the same approach we took with Java EE 5. First
release is Java EE compatible but single instance. Update release adds HA and
centralized admin. mod_jk provides service availability for GlassFish v3.

Will a V2 DAS be able to manage a V3 instance at some point?

No, although moving forward that is an interesting requirement. We'll likely
change the remote administration API (JMX/RMI to http-based), so it would take
extra effort from v2 to v3, but v3 and beyond ... Hmmmm ...

Will there be a V3 DAS?

Yep, that's the plan.

Or is clustering more or less a dead feature at this point?

Nope, I've addressed that above.