atom feed10 messages in org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-devRe: [DISCUSS] Packaging password/ssh ...
FromSent OnAttachments
David NalleyFeb 3, 2013 3:43 am
Wido den HollanderFeb 4, 2013 3:34 am
Ahmad EmneinaFeb 4, 2013 10:50 am
Chiradeep VittalFeb 4, 2013 11:47 am
Wido den HollanderFeb 4, 2013 11:55 am
Kelven YangFeb 4, 2013 2:18 pm
Wido den HollanderFeb 5, 2013 11:01 am
Kelven YangFeb 5, 2013 11:09 am
Wido den HollanderFeb 5, 2013 12:03 pm
Chip ChildersFeb 5, 2013 2:00 pm
Subject:Re: [DISCUSS] Packaging password/ssh reset scripts
From:Chip Childers (chip@sungard.com)
Date:Feb 5, 2013 2:00:08 pm
List:org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 11:10:22AM -0800, Kelven Yang wrote:

The password-reset client script and Windows password-reset service use customized protocol to talk to the password provider, replacement of the facility will need these client-side tools to cooperate with, is there any details on these tools we are talking about so that we can evaluate the impact and feasible solutions?

-Kelven

cloud-init is pretty well documented, and may not replace the existing password reset functionality (at least IIRC). It does, however, do ssh keys.

We still have Windows to deal with... wouldn't it be great if there was an equiv to cloud-init? Anyone know of one?

Also, I'm in agreement that the existing scripts would need to remain as a supported option for quite some time. I consider things like that to actually be related to our semver version numbering, although it's not specifically our CS query API, it's a similar interface expectation.

-chip