atom feed1 message in org.apache.jakarta.slide-devJSR 170 - Content Repository for Java...
FromSent OnAttachments
Remy MaucheratFeb 6, 2002 7:15 pm
Subject:JSR 170 - Content Repository for Java technology API
From:Remy Maucherat (re@apache.org)
Date:Feb 6, 2002 7:15:29 pm
List:org.apache.jakarta.slide-dev

Hi,

A JSR which aims at designing an API which would provide the feature set of the Slide Java API (on the server side) has just been submitted to the JCP.

http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/170.jsp

At this point, it's impossible to tell how the JSR will turn out, or if Slide will support it (that will need a vote from the Slide committers, probably when the JSR reaches public draft status), but I think it's a very interesting initiative.

Dirk, Juergen and myself are members of the EG (well, at least we will be after the agreement forms are processed). It should be possible, and fully justified, for other Slide committers to join the EG if they feel like it. Please conatct the spec lead for more information (David Nuescheler).

Thanks, Remy