atom feed4 messages in net.java.dev.glassfish.adminCommand output guidelines for asadmin...
FromSent OnAttachments
Tom MuellerSep 15, 2010 12:55 pm
Tom MuellerSep 16, 2010 9:05 am
Rebecca ParksSep 21, 2010 3:01 pm
Tom MuellerSep 21, 2010 5:58 pm
Subject:Command output guidelines for asadmin subcommands
From:Tom Mueller (tom.@oracle.com)
Date:Sep 15, 2010 12:55:52 pm
List:net.java.dev.glassfish.admin

Asadmin Command owners:

Today, ASArch reviewed the asadmin command output guidelines as documented here:

http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/Asadmin+Command+Output+Guidelines

and approved them.

Command owners, please review the output of your commands relative to these guidelines and make changes where necessary. Some issues have been filed already for certain commands and as part of completing the work for issue 12236, I'll be scanning through the output of other commands and either fixing them or filing additional issues.

Note that much of the first section is optional for 3.1 - the only required part is to rename --verbose to --long for the various list commands. The long term implementation intent for columnar output from list commands is to provide a way that the command can just return the data items and column headings in a data structure to asadmin, and then asadmin can do the formatting. This way, the same output can be used by both the REST interface and asadmin.

As we gain experience with these guidelines, I'm sure that some enhancements and modifications will be needed, so please keep that in mind.

Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks. Tom