atom feed8 messages in com.googlegroups.jquery-enRe: AJAX download progress
FromSent OnAttachments
GordonJul 18, 2007 2:32 am
GordonJul 18, 2007 4:04 am
GordonJul 18, 2007 6:59 am
GordonJul 18, 2007 7:30 am
Jonathan SharpJul 18, 2007 9:17 am
GordonJul 18, 2007 2:58 pm
GordonJul 18, 2007 11:20 pm
GordonJul 19, 2007 1:49 am
Subject:Re: AJAX download progress
From:Gordon (gord@ntlworld.com)
Date:Jul 18, 2007 2:58:19 pm
List:com.googlegroups.jquery-en

To whoever replied, thanks, but the actual reply isn't showing up in here. I don't know why! I think google groups has been a bit wonky today.

I am trying to figure out a way of displaying how far along an AJAX download is. Assuming I know the size of the file being downloaded (this will require the server to send a content-length header) then if I can check the number of bytes downloaded thus far I should be able to work out the download progress.

So what I need to know, how can you get the value of the content- length header if it is set, and how can you check the number of bytes sent periodically? I can then display a percentage for the case where both are known, or simply a count of downloaded bytes when I don't know the content length.