atom feed2 messages in org.isc.lists.dhcp-usersReducing the value of max-lease-time ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Mark KrenzAug 17, 2010 7:05 am
Simon HobsonAug 17, 2010 8:36 am
Subject:Reducing the value of max-lease-time and default-lease-time
From:Mark Krenz (mark@cookmedical.com)
Date:Aug 17, 2010 7:05:54 am
List:org.isc.lists.dhcp-users

I help run the dhcp servers that serve several thousand hosts. I've been considering turning down the max-lease-time and default-lease-time by half their value so that an upcoming migration to another set of DHCP servers will have more flexibility if we need to switch back.

Is there anything I should be considering before changing these values or should I be ok? I looked around online for any warnings about doing this but couldn't find anything. Also, I'd be doing this lease time change a few days in advance of the switchover so it should be plenty of time for all the hosts to pick up the new lease times.

Thanks, Mark