|Pete Brunet||Apr 10, 2008 10:02 am|
|Pete Brunet||Apr 16, 2008 8:14 am|
|Mike Paciello||Apr 16, 2008 8:31 am|
|Richard Schwerdtfeger||Apr 16, 2008 3:51 pm||.gif, .gif, .gif, 7 more|
|Mike Paciello||Apr 16, 2008 3:55 pm||.gif, .gif, .gif, 6 more|
|Peter Korn||Apr 17, 2008 4:07 pm||.gif, .gif, .gif, 5 more|
|Malte Timmermann||Apr 18, 2008 1:33 am|
|Mike Paciello||Apr 18, 2008 4:55 am|
|Peter Korn||Apr 18, 2008 8:49 am|
|Chieko Asakawa||Apr 21, 2008 1:19 am|
|Dave Pawson||Apr 21, 2008 1:29 am|
|Chieko Asakawa||Apr 21, 2008 5:42 am|
|robe...@us.ibm.com||Apr 21, 2008 6:11 am|
|Steve Noble||Apr 21, 2008 7:00 am||.gif, .gif, .gif, 5 more|
|Mike Paciello||Apr 21, 2008 7:04 am||.gif, .gif, .gif, 5 more|
|Richard Schwerdtfeger||Apr 23, 2008 7:03 am||.gif, .gif, .gif, 15 more|
|Subject:||RE: [office-accessibility] Fw: ODF Accessibility SC Minutes - April 10|
|From:||Mike Paciello (mpac...@paciellogroup.com)|
|Date:||Apr 16, 2008 3:55:45 pm|
- some examples: linked tables, database...ctions, DDE - 0.1k
through accessibility APIs. Documents ar...ync updates - 0.1k
Automatic updates should be carefully pr...echnologies - 0.1k
Monday's work for me.
Mike Paciello Cell: +1.603.566.7713
From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:sch...@us.ibm.com] Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:51 PM To: mpac...@paciellogroup.com; Pete...@sun.com Cc: offi...@lists.oasis-open.org; Pete Brunet Subject: RE: [office-accessibility] Fw: ODF Accessibility SC Minutes - April 10
The only time left for me then would be Monday's at 10am Central or 11am Eastern. The problem is synching with Japan and PST unless we went to an evening call which I am not that crazy about.
Peter, how does this work for you on Mondays?
Rich Schwerdtfeger Distinguished Engineer, SWG Accessibility Architect/Strategist Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer Inactive hide details for "Mike Paciello" <mpac...@paciellogroup.com>"Mike Paciello" <mpac...@paciellogroup.com>
"Mike Paciello" To Pete
<offi...@lists.oasis-open.org> cc 04/16/2008 10:30 AM Subject RE: [office-accessibility]
Fw: ODF Accessibility SC Minutes -
April 10 +-------------------------------+ | Please respond to | | <mpac...@paciellogroup.com> | +-------------------------------+
Thanks Pete. BTW folks -- Both Thursday and Friday mornings are bad for me. Again, I don't want to stand in the way of progress for the committee. These happen to be two mornings during the week when I have standing meetings between 9:00 am - 12:30 pm EST. Before and/or after, I can attend. regards, Mike Mike Paciello Cell: +1.603.566.7713
Resending minutes with one edit: changed action item 8f from Pete to Janina (Janina was the original assignee for that action item.) 1) Rollcall/Scribe - Attending: Rich, Peter K, Steve, Malte, Pete B - Regrets: Janina, Chieko Hiro - Scribe Pete B 2) Piror minutes approved 3) New meeting time - Mike P not present, Thursday bad for him - Let's try for 10 am on Fridays 4) Training guidelines - deferred until larger group on call 5) 1.2 spec work items - Current schedule likely to move out about a month a) How does ODF do language tagging of a range of text? Font attributes? And how best to tag a string as "Grade 2 English Braille", vs. "music Braille in German". *** Action item Rich - investigate how ODF does language tagging for a range of text, e.g. how to handle language switching b) Hiro - Write proposed modification to 8.1.1 to add caption-id for table, and 188.8.131.52 to include tables - <ref name="common-draw-caption-id-attlist"/> *** Rich will check with Hiro to see if he has proposed language c) Hiro to provide more information related to table headers (from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200711/msg00007.html) *** Pending Hiro d) Address David's concern that headings were made available in an easy to discern way. ... H2s followed by H1s etc. He obtained that structure from an additional file. Came back in an OOo update, and that information was no longer available. Was Dave relying on optional attributes that are no longer there, or did OOo break the spec.? *** Action item Peter K - check to see if this is a bug in OpenOffice e) Assign team members *** wait for Hiro to attend 6) 1.1 Guidelines work items - Peter K sent in text and is waiting for response from TC *** no response from TC yet 7) 1.2 Guidelines work items a) Rich to find deadlines for ODF 1.2; also to verify whether TC would like to see our 1.2 guidelines doc delivered at same time (in same "bundle") as 1.2 spec. *** pending b) Pete Brunet: Provide guidelines as to how to supply tracking change information to ATs. Malte & Pete & others have been looking at how to expose document revision information in platform a11y APIs, so they can be exposed via IAcc2 and ATK/AT-SPI. Are converging on a specification. *** MT we don't tell implementers how to use an a11y API - PK we could add a checklist showing implementers what they need to expose *** Action item Peter K - create text for this 8) Miscellaneous Action items a) [unassigned] Can OOo be a good codebase for Marc to start from for the Icon (which is ARM based) *** not an issue for this group, remove from action items b) Pete B to set up a meeting at CSUN around the revision API *** this didn't happen - but good progress has been made on email c) Should guidelines provide any direction on animations? *** unassigned - missed covering this action item during the meeting d) Modify next version of accessibility guidelines to ensure applications respond to system font and color settings. *** Action item Peter K to develop text e) Add wording to the next revision of the accessibility guidelines to allow control of the animation rate of images in a presentation *** Action item Rich S and Dave P f) Modify accessibility guidelines to state how common field attributes (section 6.7 of the ODF 1.2 spec.) should be supplied to the AT. The field attributes would indicate whether something were a boolean, gregorian date, etc. *** Action item Janina g) Create new wording for reload delay (section 3.13.2) which would allow user agents to control the reload delay and to state the WCAG requirements for content refreshing to prevent seizures. We need wording to provide control over flashing Here are some related links http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-20070517/#general-thresholddef http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20060427/#seizure-does-not-violate *** Rich to work with Janina h) Pete Brunet: Provide guidelines as to how to supply tracking change information to ATs. *** A new interface is being developed in the Open A11y groups i) Provide wording in the to address dynamic, asynchronous updates There are several topics in the specs related to "asynchronous automatic update" of contents or values.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200711/msg00007.html 5. http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-20070517/#general-thresholddef 6.