atom feed1 message in org.haskell.xmonad[Xmonad] Issue 74 in xmonad: cineller...
FromSent OnAttachments
code...@google.comOct 28, 2007 5:29 pm
Subject:[Xmonad] Issue 74 in xmonad: cinellera does not launch (normally)
From:code...@google.com (code@google.com)
Date:Oct 28, 2007 5:29:38 pm
List:org.haskell.xmonad

Issue 74: cinellera does not launch (normally) http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=74

New issue report by ggdasa: What steps will reproduce the problem? 1. start cinelerra application 2. 3.

What is the expected output? What do you see instead? Instead of starting the program, one new terminal is opened and the cinelerra program does not start.

xmonad-0.4 on Arch Linux 2.6.23 kernel.

Please provide any additional information below. I worked with Cinelerra video editor under several wms - metacity, xfwm4 and other users run it on KDE as well.

Today I got info that it works normally on dwm as well.

In exchange with sjannsen on #xmonad he confirmed the strange behavior: "it seems that cinelerra is actually starting and creating a window...it creates a window called 'q' with a requested size of 128x128 (which isn't a hard limit, so xmonad uses another size)...it seems that the program hangs until the wm changes this 'q' window's geometry..."and suggested simple workaround: "mod-button1 drag the phantom window it creates", but hopefully there is something better and/or maybe it's some bug in xmonad.

Sincerely, Gour

Issue attributes: Status: New Owner: ---- Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium