atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] cron notifications
FromSent OnAttachments
Willi MannSep 14, 2002 2:46 am
Willi MannSep 15, 2002 12:49 am
Subject:[courier-users] cron notifications
From:Willi Mann (news@wm1.at)
Date:Sep 14, 2002 2:46:01 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Hello guys!

Two cron.daily jobs want to send status notifications from the root account to root.

The problem is, that courier rejects these E-Mails with "550 User Unknown". The Log entry says from ro@example.com to ro@example.com The status notification to ro@example.com also fails and the EMail ends up as an attachment of an attached status notification to status notification in the postmaster-account.

The file /etc/courier/defaultdomain exists and contains "example.com". The alias-database contains an entry root: postmaster

The postmaster-account as virtual account in userdb.

I've tried to reproduce this issue with sendmail and mail, but I wasn't "successful", it worked correctly.

Any ideas?

Willi