atom feed6 messages in org.apache.lucene.java-devRe: Time for a Lucene/Solr 5.0
FromSent OnAttachments
Anshum GuptaNov 6, 2014 12:33 pm
Erick EricksonNov 6, 2014 12:52 pm
Yonik SeeleyNov 6, 2014 1:05 pm
Jack KrupanskyNov 6, 2014 1:06 pm
Joel BernsteinNov 6, 2014 3:03 pm
Robert MuirNov 6, 2014 4:35 pm
Subject:Re: Time for a Lucene/Solr 5.0
From:Joel Bernstein (joel@gmail.com)
Date:Nov 6, 2014 3:03:33 pm
List:org.apache.lucene.java-dev

+1, works for me too.

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Jack Krupansky <ja@basetechnology.com> wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, the sooner the better. I mean, I don’t expect that many people will want to go into production with 5.0 – not that there is any specific technical reason they couldn’t other than simply wanting to give it time to bake – but for longer-lead apps and experimental development it would be great to actually have a “release” to work off of.

That said, I think I would advise people to think of 5.0 as more of a “Beta” release until it gets a lot more usage.

-- Jack Krupansky

*From:* Anshum Gupta <ans@anshumgupta.net> *Sent:* Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:33 PM *To:* de@lucene.apache.org *Subject:* Time for a Lucene/Solr 5.0

Hi,

I think there are quite a few things in the change list for 5.0 already and I propose creating an RC in the early December. I'll be the RM for the release and I think that early Dec should give people reasonable time to think about outstanding API/concept issues, specially, considering there's Lucene/Solr revolution next week and the US Thanksgiving around the end of the month.

Anshum Gupta [image: http://]about.me/anshumgupta