atom feed24 messages in org.kde.kde-core-develRe: Intended organization of KDE Fram...
FromSent OnAttachments
Kevin OttensJun 6, 2011 3:04 pm
Albert Astals CidJun 6, 2011 3:17 pm
Kevin OttensJun 6, 2011 4:14 pm
Albert Astals CidJun 6, 2011 4:26 pm
Kevin OttensJun 6, 2011 4:38 pm
Inge WallinJun 6, 2011 11:39 pm
Albert Astals CidJun 7, 2011 12:46 am
Aaron J. SeigoJun 7, 2011 1:21 am
Manuel "Sput" NickschasJun 7, 2011 2:51 am
Andreas PakulatJun 7, 2011 3:39 am
John LaytJun 7, 2011 3:41 am
John LaytJun 7, 2011 4:20 am
Albert Astals CidJun 7, 2011 10:57 am
MarkJun 8, 2011 11:48 am
John LaytJun 8, 2011 12:27 pm
John LaytJun 8, 2011 12:27 pm
Albert Astals CidJun 8, 2011 1:29 pm
Ingo KlöckerJun 26, 2011 12:45 pm
Albert Astals CidJun 26, 2011 1:12 pm
Ingo KlöckerJun 27, 2011 1:18 pm
Aaron J. SeigoJun 28, 2011 9:27 am
John LaytJun 28, 2011 2:57 pm
Nicolás AlvarezJul 2, 2011 7:31 pm
David JarvieJul 5, 2011 4:18 am
Subject:Re: Intended organization of KDE Frameworks
From:Aaron J. Seigo (ase@kde.org)
Date:Jun 7, 2011 1:21:42 am
List:org.kde.kde-core-devel

On Tuesday, June 7, 2011 08:39:58 Inge Wallin wrote:

So a well defined API that applications could use, and a well isolated way to include a set of implementations would be nice. We are dealing with

the best way to make this happen is to create a concrete plan and propose it.

for inspiration: at Platform 11, a couple of teams spent entire days going through every single class in kdelibs and entry in kde-runtime to catalog what is what. the results are on spreadsheets:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhQ1BhQL6D9wdGpvOHN0N0xRZVBGU1c3ZmdiaXZORUE&hl=en_US&authkey=CKTcjdgP https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am2uzNh0KAtpdFVaRkMtMXZEcC00MEE0dzhrbWV2Nnc&hl=en_US&authkey=CI_3zNMC

these were then used to build up answers that are workable and make some sense.

it's work, but necessary work to turn a good ambition such as yours into a reality. we'll have a fair amount of time to do the actual work after 4.7 branches, but we need to have concrete plans so we know what we are trying to do.