atom feed2 messages in com.redhat.k12osn[K12OSN] Fwd: PXE booting
FromSent OnAttachments
Krsnendu DasaJul 25, 2006 9:23 am
Dan YoungJul 25, 2006 9:32 am
Subject:[K12OSN] Fwd: PXE booting
From:Krsnendu Dasa (krsn@gmail.com)
Date:Jul 25, 2006 9:23:52 am
List:com.redhat.k12osn

This is the message from Chip PC company. No sure what to make of it. Can you use PXE for LTSP or not?

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Chip PC Support <Chip@chippc.com> Date: 25-Jul-2006 20:37 Subject: RE: PXE booting To: krsn@gmail.com Cc: Ronit Pasternak <ron@chippc.com>

Hi David,

Thank you for applying Chip PC,

The straight-forward answer at this point in time to your question is NO, in terms that Jack PC supports PXE boot but only with Chip PC image that is CE-based.

The following link explains how use PXE with the Chip PC devices. Note that the scenario requires image 6.5.x loaded on the Jack PC + XG to act as a PXE server http://www.chippc.com/support/kbase/answer.asp?ID=CKB00152.

Please address technical support questions through the following link, http://www.chippc.com/support/request in order for them to be recorded into our support database. One of Chip PC technical support team member will examine your case and contact you with a solution or to gather more information.

Best Regards,

Chip PC support team ------------------------------

*From:* Ronit Pasternak *Sent:* Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:07 PM *To:* 'krsn@gmail.com' *Cc:* Amit Sheinbox; Efrat Alon *Subject:* RE: PXE booting

Hello David,

I have forwarded this to our technical support department.

kind regards,

Ronit

____________________________

Ronit Pasternak

Chip PC, Marcom & HF

Tel: 972-4-8501-121 ext. 111 Fax: 972-4-8501-088 Mobile: 972-523-864-536 email: ron@chippc.com

-----Original Message----- *From:* krsn@gmail.com [mailto:krsn@gmail.com] *Posted At:* Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:00 PM *Posted To:* Chip PC Info *Conversation:* PXE booting *Subject:* PXE booting

*Customer Details * *

------------------------------ *

**

Company:

Hare Krishna School

Name:

David

Family:

Knight

Address:

PO Box 349

City:

Auckland

Country:

New Zealand

Email:

krsn@gmail.com

Phone:

+64212657587

Fax:

+6494126326

Contact me by:

Email

*Message * *

**

Hello, We are interested in you product JackPC. We are running the K12LTSP Linux thin client system at our school and your devices sound like a great match at the client end. We just require PXE (or etherboot) in order to download the operation system from the client. This is a standard feature on modern motherboards for PCs. Does you system provide this feature? Thank you in advance. David Knight

please note: this email was generated by Chip PC website and was mailed automatically