atom feed2 messages in com.redhat.k12osn[K12OSN] Fwd: PXE booting
FromSent OnAttachments
Krsnendu DasaJul 25, 2006 9:23 am
Dan YoungJul 25, 2006 9:32 am
Subject:[K12OSN] Fwd: PXE booting
From:Krsnendu Dasa (
Date:Jul 25, 2006 9:23:52 am

This is the message from Chip PC company. No sure what to make of it. Can you use PXE for LTSP or not?

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Chip PC Support <> Date: 25-Jul-2006 20:37 Subject: RE: PXE booting To: Cc: Ronit Pasternak <>

Hi David,

Thank you for applying Chip PC,

The straight-forward answer at this point in time to your question is NO, in terms that Jack PC supports PXE boot but only with Chip PC image that is CE-based.

The following link explains how use PXE with the Chip PC devices. Note that the scenario requires image 6.5.x loaded on the Jack PC + XG to act as a PXE server

Please address technical support questions through the following link, in order for them to be recorded into our support database. One of Chip PC technical support team member will examine your case and contact you with a solution or to gather more information.

Best Regards,

Chip PC support team ------------------------------

*From:* Ronit Pasternak *Sent:* Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:07 PM *To:* '' *Cc:* Amit Sheinbox; Efrat Alon *Subject:* RE: PXE booting

Hello David,

I have forwarded this to our technical support department.

kind regards,

Ronit Pasternak

Chip PC, Marcom & HF

Tel: 972-4-8501-121 ext. 111 Fax: 972-4-8501-088 Mobile: 972-523-864-536 email:

-----Original Message----- *From:* [] *Posted At:* Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:00 PM *Posted To:* Chip PC Info *Conversation:* PXE booting *Subject:* PXE booting

*Customer Details * *

Hare Krishna School

PO Box 349

New Zealand

Contact me by:

*Message * *

Hello, We are interested in you product JackPC. We are running the K12LTSP Linux thin client system at our school and your devices sound like a great match at the client end. We just require PXE (or etherboot) in order to download the operation system from the client. This is a standard feature on modern motherboards for PCs. Does you system provide this feature? Thank you in advance. David Knight

please note: this email was generated by Chip PC website and was mailed automatically