atom feed6 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-acpiAcer Aspire 5102 WLMi with Turion 64 ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Abdullah Al-MarrieDec 20, 2006 12:37 pm
Abdullah Al-MarrieDec 21, 2006 4:37 am
Paul ArgentoffDec 21, 2006 10:23 am
Scot HetzelDec 21, 2006 11:33 am
Abdullah Al-MarrieDec 21, 2006 12:50 pm
M. Warner LoshDec 24, 2006 10:51 pm
Subject:Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi with Turion 64 X2 dual-core TL-50 1.6 GHz on FreeBSD 6.2 ACPI problems
From:Abdullah Al-Marrie (alma@gmail.com)
Date:Dec 21, 2006 4:37:57 am
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-acpi

On 12/21/06, Scot Hetzel <swhe@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12/20/06, Abdullah Al-Marrie <alma@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello guys,

I have problem with my new laptop Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi which has AMD Turion? 64 X2 dual-core TL-50 1.6 GHz with 1.5 GB of ram.

I'm running i386 6.2-RC1 upgraded to 6.2-PRELEASE via RELENG6 tag since I don't have more than 4 GB of ram.

1. The FreeBSD can't detect the builtin wlan chip which is Broadcom BCM 4318 Rev 2.

You need to use the Windows NDIS driver to use the Broadcom Wireless adapter.

You just need to download the driver from Acer's web site, and then use ndisgen to build the kernel module.

Scot

I tried that it's still not detected, as I mentioned before, I use linksys wpc54g pcmcia to use the wlan in home till this issue with Acer ACPI get sorted out.

Thank you,

-Abdullah