|Jukka Zitting||Jan 24, 2007 1:22 am|
|Subject:||[ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.1 released|
|From:||Jukka Zitting (juk...@apache.org)|
|Date:||Jan 24, 2007 1:22:16 am|
The Apache Jackrabbit community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Jackrabbit version 1.2.1. The release is available for download at:
Release Notes -- Apache Jackrabbit -- Version 1.2.1
Apache Jackrabbit is a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR). A content repository is a hierarchical content store with support for structured and unstructured content, full text search, versioning, transactions, observation, and more. Typical applications that use content repositories include content management, document management, and records management systems.
Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.1 is an incremental release that introduces a number of new features, improvements, and bug fixes. The most notable changes in this release are the introduction of a clustering feature and various query improvements. The build environment has been upgraded to Maven 2 along with updates to the project structure and new versions of the Apache Lucene and Apache Derby dependencies. See below for the complete list of changes.
See the Apache Jackrabbit website at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/ for more information.
Changes in this release -----------------------
* [JCR-332] - Upgrade to Maven 2 * [JCR-585] - Create jackrabbit-api(.jar) and the respective ... * [JCR-613] - Implementation of a memory file system * [JCR-619] - CacheManager (Memory Management in Jackrabbit) * [JCR-623] - Clustering * [JCR-638] - Support lower-/upper-case functions * [JCR-676] - Participation of a workspace in a cluster should ...
* [JCR-247] - Child axis support for XPath predicates * [JCR-352] - Upgrade to Lucene 2.0 * [JCR-545] - New method on NodeTypeManagerImpl to reregister nodetypes * [JCR-584] - Improve handling of concurrent node modifications * [JCR-592] - Use only the standard Maven repository for dependencies * [JCR-595] - Refactoring of the Persistence Managers * [JCR-610] - Upgrade to Derby 10.2 * [JCR-612] - Restructure the Jackrabbit source tree * [JCR-618] - Replace WeakIdentityCollection in StateChangeDispacher * [JCR-626] - Move document type definition out of repository.xml * [JCR-633] - DerbyPersistenceManager only usable for embedded ... * [JCR-645] - DatabasePersistenceManager & DatabaseFileSystem: ... * [JCR-651] - Improve performance for queries with large result sets * [JCR-660] - SQL Parser fails with SQL 92 timestamp format * [JCR-667] - Variant spelling "Trasaction" and "Transaction" ... * [JCR-668] - Allow pseudo properties in query relation * [JCR-669] - Move NamespaceMappings/Index from lucene to ... * [JCR-670] - LocalNamespaceMappings does not make use of ... * [JCR-677] - Do not fulltext index jcr:uuid property * [JCR-684] - The servlet-api dependency scope should be ... * [JCR-685] - Remove some synchronization on CachingNamespaceResolver * [JCR-686] - change some access-level modifiers to allow for ...
* [JCR-441] - Session logout doesn't release locks acquired using ... * [JCR-529] - New versions added after a restore have bad version ... * [JCR-544] - JCR-Server: Workspace.restore not mapped correctly * [JCR-546] - Deadlock during checkin * [JCR-614] - Weird locking behaviour in CachingHierarchyManager * [JCR-617] - CachingHieraarchyManager may serve moved items * [JCR-627] - Deprecated Serializer does not properly delegate ... * [JCR-628] - OutOfMemory problem: HandleMonitor does not release ... * [JCR-632] - VersionManager lock not released in some circumstances * [JCR-641] - can't add lock token to session after 3 login/logout * [JCR-648] - NullpointerException in SessionItemStateManager * [JCR-656] - JCR-Server: Allow header misses colong ... * [JCR-659] - import of multivalue properties with single value ... * [JCR-661] - RMIC not working in subprojects when compiling ... * [JCR-681] - NullPointerException in ServerRow * [JCR-682] - AccessManager + CachingHierarchyManager problem * [JCR-683] - Bad transitive dependencies in commons-httpclient * [JCR-687] - UUID compareTo and hashCode * [JCR-692] - jackrabbit-jca rar archive misses required classes * [JCR-695] - Repository requires access to external resources * [JCR-707] - Range queries fail on large repositories
Release Contents ----------------
The release consists of a single source archive and a number of pre-compiled binary component archives.
* Jackrabbit source code (jackrabbit-1.2.1-src.jar)
The main source archive contains a "jackrabbit-1.2.1-src" directory with the full released source code and build environment. Use the following commands (or the equivalent in your system) to build all the released components with Maven 2:
$ jar xf jackrabbit-1.2.1-src.jar $ cd jackrabbit-1.2.1-src $ mvn install
The components contained in the released source archive are listed below (with the pre-compiled binary archives in parenthesis):
* Jackrabbit API (jackrabbit-api-1.2.1.jar)
Interface extensions that Apache Jackrabbit supports in addition to the standard JCR API.
* Jackrabbit JCR Commons (jackrabbit-jcr-commons-1.2.1.jar)
General-purpose classes for use with the JCR API.
* Jackrabbit JCR Tests (jackrabbit-jcr-tests-1.2.1.jar)
Set of JCR API test cases designed for testing the compliance of an implementation. Note that this is not the official JCR TCK!
* Jackrabbit Core (jackrabbit-core-1.2.1.jar)
Core of the Apache Jackrabbit content repository implementation.
* Jackrabbit Index Filters (jackrabbit-index-filters-1.2.1.jar)
Text indexing filters for Jackrabbit. Includes example filters for Adobe PDF and MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
* Jackrabbit JCR-RMI (jackrabbit-jcr-rmi-1.2.1.jar)
RMI network layer for the JCR API.
* Jackrabbit WebDAV Library (jackrabbit-webdav-1.2.1.jar)
Interfaces and common utility classes used for building a WebDAV server or client.
* Jackrabbit JCR Server (jackrabbit-jcr-server-1.2.1.jar)
WebDAV servlet implementations based on JCR.
* Jackrabbit Web Application (jackrabbit-webapp-1.2.1.war)
Deployable Jackrabbit installation with WebDAV support for JCR.
* Jackrabbit JCA Resource Adapter (jackrabbit-jca-1.2.1.rar)
J2EE Connector Architecture (JCA) resource adapter for Jackrabbit.
All files contain a README.txt file with more information. Note that external runtime dependencies are only included for the war and rar archives. Other dependencies can be downloaded either manually or automatically using the Maven build system.
Each release file is accompanied by SHA1 and MD5 checksums and a PGP signature. The public key used for the signatures can be found in the KEYS file located in the parent directory.
Upgrading from previous 1.x releases ------------------------------------
Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.1 is fully compatible with the previous 1.x releases. A previous Apache Jackrabbit 1.x installation can be upgraded by replacing the relevant jar files with the new versions (see below). No changes to repository contents are needed.
The most notable effect of the component restructuring in this release is that the previous jackrabbit-core component has been split in three pieces: jackrabbit-api, jackrabbit-jcr-commons, and jackrabbit-core. Thus you need to replace the previous jackrabbit-core-1.x.jar file with the three new jar archives.
The structure of the WebDAV components have also changed. WebDAV support now consists of the webapp component jackrabbit-webapp-1.2.1.war and the library archives jackrabbit-webdav-1.2.1.jar and jackrabbit-jcr-server-1.2.1.jar.
The Apache Lucene dependency used for full text indexing has been upgraded to version 2.0 in this release. Lucene 2.0 is able to continue using existing index files, but you can also manually recreate the index with Lucene 2.0 extensions by removing the "index" directories of a closed repository. Jackrabbit will automatically re-index content when the repository is next started.
Also the Apache Derby dependency has been upgraded to version 10.2. Like Lucene, the new Derby version can keep using existing database files. New repositories and workspaces will however be created using extensions and improvements introduced in the 10.2 version.
Known issues in this release ----------------------------
The known issues in this release are listed below:
* [JCR-18] - Multithreading issue with versioning * [JCR-43] - Restore on nodes creates same-name-sibling of ... * [JCR-320] - BinaryValue equals fails for two objects with ... * [JCR-385] - ClassCastException when executing union queries * [JCR-392] - Querying element by number does not work * [JCR-406] - If header evaluation compliance problems * [JCR-435] - Node.update() does not work correct for SNS * [JCR-449] - inconsistency in internal version items during commits * [JCR-509] - TCK:NodeTest#testNodeIdentity fails if versioning ... * [JCR-517] - Reserved status of namespace jcr not enforced * [JCR-522] - XPath parser too tolerant * [JCR-537] - Failure to remove a versionable node * [JCR-538] - failing Node.checkin() or Node.checkout() might leave ... * [JCR-566] - Versioning bug with restore and transactions * [JCR-575] - unicode escapes in files generated by JJTree * [JCR-591] - XPath position function does not work * [JCR-604] - After saving over Webdav the jcr:encoding property ... * [JCR-607] - Importing XML at root level using a session from JCA ... * [JCR-609] - Empty custom_nodetypes.xml after restart * [JCR-622] - Auto Reconnect for RepositoryAccessServlet * [JCR-625] - Memory is not freed up when jackrabbit-server war is ... * [JCR-639] - Allow modification of OPV=IGNORE items even if parent ... * [JCR-647] - Own AccessManager + VersionManager : AccessDenied problem * [JCR-672] - Deadlock on concurrent save/checkin operations possible * [JCR-674] - String properties with invalid XML characters export ... * [JCR-690] - Nodes' and properties' names with invalid XML ...
See the issue tracker at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR for more details.