atom feed6 messages in org.apache.lucene.java-devRe: Time for a Lucene/Solr 5.0
FromSent OnAttachments
Anshum GuptaNov 6, 2014 12:33 pm
Erick EricksonNov 6, 2014 12:52 pm
Yonik SeeleyNov 6, 2014 1:05 pm
Jack KrupanskyNov 6, 2014 1:06 pm
Joel BernsteinNov 6, 2014 3:03 pm
Robert MuirNov 6, 2014 4:35 pm
Subject:Re: Time for a Lucene/Solr 5.0
From:Jack Krupansky (ja@basetechnology.com)
Date:Nov 6, 2014 1:06:20 pm
List:org.apache.lucene.java-dev

Sounds like a good idea, the sooner the better. I mean, I don’t expect that many
people will want to go into production with 5.0 – not that there is any specific
technical reason they couldn’t other than simply wanting to give it time to bake
– but for longer-lead apps and experimental development it would be great to
actually have a “release” to work off of.

That said, I think I would advise people to think of 5.0 as more of a “Beta”
release until it gets a lot more usage.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: Anshum Gupta Sent: Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:33 PM To: de@lucene.apache.org Subject: Time for a Lucene/Solr 5.0

Hi,

I think there are quite a few things in the change list for 5.0 already and I
propose creating an RC in the early December. I'll be the RM for the release and
I think that early Dec should give people reasonable time to think about
outstanding API/concept issues, specially, considering there's Lucene/Solr
revolution next week and the US Thanksgiving around the end of the month.

Anshum Gupta about.me/anshumgupta