|ning wang||Mar 16, 2007 7:32 am||.html|
|Sergiu Dumitriu||Mar 16, 2007 8:00 am||.htm, .sql|
|Vincent Massol||Mar 16, 2007 8:24 am||.htm|
|ning wang||Mar 16, 2007 8:27 am||.html|
|Sergiu Dumitriu||Mar 16, 2007 8:42 am||.htm|
|Vincent Massol||Mar 16, 2007 8:44 am||.html|
|ning wang||Mar 16, 2007 9:10 am||.htm|
|ning wang||Mar 16, 2007 9:12 am||.html|
|Gilles Serasset||Mar 16, 2007 9:24 am||.htm|
|Sergiu Dumitriu||Mar 16, 2007 9:30 am||.html|
|Sergiu Dumitriu||Mar 16, 2007 10:03 am||.htm|
|jimmy at comkraft.com||Mar 16, 2007 10:12 am|
|ning wang||Mar 16, 2007 10:17 am||.html|
|Gilles Serasset||Mar 16, 2007 10:18 am||.html|
|ning wang||Mar 16, 2007 10:38 am||.htm|
|ning wang||Mar 16, 2007 11:27 am||.html|
|ning wang||Mar 19, 2007 9:32 am||.html|
|bey||Mar 19, 2007 12:28 pm||.htm|
|Youcef BEY||Mar 19, 2007 4:23 pm||.html|
|Jackson Wang||Mar 20, 2007 7:55 pm||.htm, .properties, .png|
|ning wang||Mar 20, 2007 8:03 pm||.html|
|Vincent Massol||Mar 21, 2007 12:08 am||.htm|
|Sergiu Dumitriu||Mar 21, 2007 7:27 am||.html|
|ning wang||Mar 21, 2007 10:15 am||.htm|
|Sergiu Dumitriu||Mar 21, 2007 10:25 am||.htm|
|Jackson Wang||Mar 22, 2007 2:36 am||.html|
|ning wang||Mar 22, 2007 8:38 am||.htm, .jpg|
|ning wang||Mar 22, 2007 8:51 am||.htm|
|Subject:||[xwiki-users] problem with Chinese|
|From:||jimmy at comkraft.com (jim...@comkraft.com)|
|Date:||Mar 16, 2007 10:12:55 am|
I tried to creat/modify a couple of pages in Chinese and I didn't see any problems when rolling back. I tried to use both the WYSIWYG editor and the wiki editor but both seems to work for me.
I am using 1 Beta 4 on a Windows 2000 computer Sp4 (locale is English). The database is PostgreSQL 8.2.3 I use UTF-8 for the DBs but didn't change any other settings.
I am using the following tool to input Chinese (http://www.3d114.com/tools/gb_pinyin.htm) and then paste them into my xwiki. You may want to try putting in Chinese there and paste them into your wiki to see if there are some other encoding issues in the input phase - as there are several internal formats for Chinese Characters (Big5, GBxxxx, UTF-8 etc).
Hope this helps.
On 3/16/07, Gilles Serasset <Gilles.Serasset at imag.fr> wrote:
Hi Ning, I also have a utf8 instance and I cannot reproduce your bug even when mixing French and Japanese characters. I'm using postgres though, but mysql qhould work also.
However, I can reproduce this, on a fully UTF-8 system: OS, disk, database, XWiki settings.
It seems that when working with the document archive the characters are broken. In the database everything is OK, so it's something internal.
When did you set up your wiki to use UTF8 characters ? Maybe you created the
database with an ISO Latin 1 encoding and then change your wiki encoding after the DB creation ?
What happens when you ask to see the modifications between the current version and an older one ? Do you correctly see the chinese chars of the older version ?
And by the way, Sergiu, I think the velocity.properties parameter are just useless (as far as I could test) as the velocity macros are called using Strings and not using InputStreams, in fact, it could hurt a little when reading the xxx.vm files that are not encoded in UTF-8 (see discussion on the encoding of the code base...).
Indeed, I did not notice anything when changing this. But I don't know what internal stuff might break if I don't set this.
I think that this only affect the way .vm files stored on the disk are read, but these files are plain ASCII.
On 16 mars 07, at 16:27, ning wang wrote:
I do everything you said. And I make sure that all encoding is UTF-8 or utf8. But I'm sad to find that it does not work, still "?????" when roll back.
2007/3/16, Sergiu Dumitriu < sergiu.dumitriu at gmail.com>:
* Check that the tables are really using UTF-8: get a mysql shell, open the xwiki database and type "select charset(xwd_content from xwikidoc;". If it does not say UTF-8, then you need to change the encoding. I've attached a script that tries to do that (and creates indexes, too)
* Check that the mysql connections are set to UTF-8. "show variables like 'character_set%';". If it says something else, you can either globally set the mysql encoding to utf-8 (in the mysql configuration file, search the mysql documentation), or configure hibernate to request this: <xwiki-dir>/WEB-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml, add <property name="connection.characterEncoding">utf8</property> after: <property name="connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
* Check that you set all the encoding parameters to UTF-8: ** in WEB-INF/xwiki.cfg: xwiki.encoding=UTF-8 ** in WEB-INF/web.xml: <param-name>encoding</param-name> <param-value>UTF-8</param-value> ** in WEB-INF/velocity.properties: input.encoding=UTF-8 output.encoding=UTF-8
After this, it should work just fine.