atom feed2 messages in com.netlojix.lists.jukebox-list[Jukebox-list] Source for Rowe Amplif...
FromSent OnAttachments
Dick HabeggerAug 18, 2009 4:37 am
Alan HoodAug 19, 2009 7:58 am
Subject:[Jukebox-list] Source for Rowe Amplifier repair
From:Dick Habegger (am@ix.netcom.com)
Date:Aug 18, 2009 4:37:21 am
List:com.netlojix.lists.jukebox-list

Hi All,

I hate to admit it, but I am over my head on repairing my Rowe R-74 Jukebox amplifier. It seems that I clear up one problem and others happen. I got around substituting transistors and purchasing output transistors. But, the protection fuses just blow! I'd like to blame it on a "no load" condition, but the muting circuit does that during a mute cycle. I'd like to see this jukebox working correctly before of my demise.

I need a reference to someone who will, and can, repair my amplifier. It is a R-2179A, 64W Stereo Amplifier. Is there anyone out there? Are there any parted out amps available?

I have bypassed the internal amplifier with my own phono amp. The sound is great!

Now, on to repairing my Rock-Ola 490. I will see what I can do with this one; hopefully, better. Which reminds me: which model is better, the Rowe R-74, or the RO 490?