atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] Re: Problems with Mai...
FromSent OnAttachments
Bruce SackettAug 27, 2004 8:51 am
Sam VarshavchikAug 27, 2004 3:40 pm
Subject:[courier-users] Re: Problems with Maildrop and multiple addresses (POSTFIX)
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Aug 27, 2004 3:40:13 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Bruce Sackett writes:

I've used the excellent Postfix+MySQL+Courier-IMAP+Amavis howto by Martin List-Peterson to set up and configure my new postfix mail system, and it's been terrific. I'm really happy with the switch-over so far from qmail, and other than O/S problems that have recently been fixed, it's been fun.

HOWEVER, I need to implement maildrop in there, and I seem to be hitting a snag. I've followed his directions, which work unless more than one email address is sent to. If a single address is sent mail, no problem, but any kind of additional email address (including cc and bcc) is sent to, it fails.

Classical misconfiguration. You have configured Postfix to invoke maildrop just once, specifying multiple receipients to deliver to.

maildrop delivers mail only to one receipient at a time. Postfix must be configured to invoke maildrop for each receipient separately. Your Postfix documentation will have more information.