atom feed7 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] Intermittent Authenti...
FromSent OnAttachments
BNov 15, 2002 8:00 am
Jussi SiponenNov 17, 2002 1:55 am
Adrian CloseNov 17, 2002 8:57 pm
Jussi SiponenNov 18, 2002 2:13 am
BNov 18, 2002 11:39 am
John RunnelsNov 18, 2002 1:41 pm
Adrian CloseNov 18, 2002 2:40 pm
Subject:[courier-users] Intermittent Authentication Problem with Courier IMAP
From:B (ma@themoon.com)
Date:Nov 15, 2002 8:00:05 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Has anyone experienced Intermittent Auth problems?

I am running courier-imap 1.6.0 on RedHat 7.3 using vpopmail with mysql on the
backend for authentication. There is a contention issues with authentication.
Auth will intermittently fail, it seems to be better when the daemon first
starts. I have tried to chase the problem in vpopmail and mysql but I have not
been able to isolate it any further back than the authdaemon. The mail system
supports about 200 users.

After trying to change the authdaemond parameters (increasing and decreasing
number of processes), I still seem to have issues. Below is my imap configure
script. Any help greatly appreciated.

./configure \ --enable-workarounds-for-imap-client-bugs \ --without-authmysql \ --without-authuserdb \ --without-authldap \ --without-authpam \ --without-authpwd \ --without-authshadow \ --without-authcram \ --without-authpgsql \ --without-authcustom \

Bill