atom feed17 messages in org.apache.jackrabbit.dev[jr3] Search index in content
FromSent OnAttachments
Jukka ZittingFeb 17, 2010 7:22 am
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 17, 2010 7:46 am
Ard SchrijversFeb 17, 2010 7:50 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 17, 2010 7:59 am
Jukka ZittingFeb 17, 2010 8:39 am
Adam FoltzerFeb 17, 2010 5:39 pm
Thomas MüllerFeb 17, 2010 11:39 pm
Ard SchrijversFeb 18, 2010 1:23 am
Bertrand DelacretazFeb 18, 2010 1:48 am
Jukka ZittingFeb 18, 2010 1:57 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 18, 2010 2:23 am
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 18, 2010 4:18 am
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 18, 2010 4:21 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 18, 2010 5:11 am
Jukka ZittingFeb 18, 2010 5:17 am
Marcel ReuteggerFeb 19, 2010 1:52 am
Ian BostonFeb 22, 2010 2:14 pm
Subject:[jr3] Search index in content
From:Jukka Zitting (jukk@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 17, 2010 7:22:26 am
List:org.apache.jackrabbit.dev

Hi,

Having the search index stored on the normal file system gives us great performance and avoids having to tweak Lucene too much to suit our needs. However, the extra storage mechanism adds all sorts of consistency, backup and transaction complexities.

Especially with things like the data store it should be feasible to achieve good enough search performance even if the index is stored inside the repository either as normal (hidden/protected) JCR nodes or as special lower level constructs that still leverage our standard persistence mechanism.

What would we need to do to achieve this, and would the result be worth the effort?

BR,