atom feed22 messages in net.php.lists.phpdoc[PHP-DOC] Making PHP 5 a first class ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Philip OlsonJan 22, 2010 11:25 pm
Karoly NegyesiJan 23, 2010 12:05 am
Philip OlsonJan 23, 2010 12:23 am
Hannes MagnussonJan 23, 2010 5:45 am
Philip OlsonJan 23, 2010 10:33 am
Hannes MagnussonJan 23, 2010 11:40 am
Philip OlsonJan 23, 2010 9:42 pm
Daniel ConvissorJan 23, 2010 10:08 pm
Hannes MagnussonJan 24, 2010 3:25 am
Philip OlsonJan 24, 2010 8:11 am
Hannes MagnussonJan 24, 2010 8:39 am
Gwynne RaskindJan 24, 2010 8:49 am
Daniel ConvissorJan 24, 2010 9:06 am
Julien PauliOct 8, 2010 10:29 am
Philip OlsonOct 9, 2010 9:37 am
Julien PauliOct 11, 2010 1:38 am
Richard QuadlingOct 11, 2010 3:51 am
Philip OlsonOct 11, 2010 11:18 am
Philip OlsonOct 11, 2010 11:22 am
Julien PauliOct 11, 2010 12:20 pm
Philip OlsonOct 11, 2010 12:45 pm
Julien PauliOct 12, 2010 12:24 am
Subject:[PHP-DOC] Making PHP 5 a first class citizen
From:Philip Olson (phi@roshambo.org)
Date:Jan 22, 2010 11:25:29 pm
List:net.php.lists.phpdoc

Hello everyone,

What do people think about making PHP 5 a first class citizen? If done, we'd no
longer have phrases like:

- As of PHP 5 - Since PHP 5 - Added in PHP 5

Because readers are expected to be using PHP 5. However, I'm against version
(x.X.x) specific manuals for two main reasons:

- It's a lot of work to maintain - Knowledge is power, and many write applications to work on a wide array of
minor PHP versions

And because nobody really uses 5.0.x, we could easily make 5.1.0 the base. And
we could tag the current manual and have it available somewhere, in case some
pour soul really wants it. What do people think?

Regards, Philip