atom feed16 messages in org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-devRe: [DISCUSS] Issue with cloudmonkey-...
FromSent OnAttachments
Rohit YadavJun 9, 2013 4:51 am
David NalleyJun 9, 2013 7:26 am
Rohit YadavJun 16, 2013 4:18 am
Prasanna SanthanamJun 17, 2013 4:00 am
David NalleyJun 18, 2013 8:08 am
Sebastien GoasguenJun 18, 2013 8:33 am
David NalleyJun 18, 2013 8:38 am
Prasanna SanthanamJun 18, 2013 8:46 am
Rohit YadavJun 18, 2013 11:01 am
Rohit YadavJun 18, 2013 11:23 am
David NalleyJun 19, 2013 7:27 pm
David NalleyJun 23, 2013 1:49 pm
Rohit YadavJun 23, 2013 8:46 pm
Prasanna SanthanamJun 23, 2013 9:40 pm
David NalleyJun 23, 2013 10:28 pm
Rohit YadavJun 25, 2013 2:31 am
Subject:Re: [DISCUSS] Issue with cloudmonkey-4.1.0-0 on pypi
From:Prasanna Santhanam (ts@apache.org)
Date:Jun 17, 2013 4:00:02 am
List:org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 10:26:43AM -0400, David Nalley wrote:

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Rohit Yadav <bhai@apache.org> wrote:

Hi,

I was about to test CloudStack but the cloudmonkey-4.1.0-0 release on pypi does not bundle failsafe api cache so when I install it I don't get any api commands. The autodiscovery using sync is useful but only with the ApiDiscovery plugin which works only for 4.2 and later. For 4.1 and below I think we should, in that case, bundle the cache for all the apis. Or maybe just oss components/plugins?

I'll wait for Chip and others to comment if we want to ship it as it is or bundle the cache against 4.1 release?

Cheers.

Honestly - this is exactly why I've been suggesting[1] that we break CloudMonkey (and Marvin) out of the main repo and giving it it's own lifecycle. It's far easier/faster to iterate cloudmonkey than all of CloudStack and tying it to the slower lifecycle of ACS will continue to trouble it IMO.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/wir5vfawex3y22ot

I haven't given breaking out the project much thought. But it's certainly a possibility:

a) However, there are parts of the codebase (checkin tests) that depend on marvin.

b) I need to come up with a easier way to update marvin across cloudstack providers to enable auto-upating marvin's libraries like cloudmonkey can. For this I've made a couple enhancements to apidiscovery but it's not in master yet and I don't have it fully figured out.

Need some time to think through this.