atom feed3 messages in org.apache.lenya.userpublication templating in 1.4
FromSent OnAttachments
Gregor J. RothfussApr 26, 2005 12:30 pm
DaveApr 26, 2005 12:58 pm
Gregor J. RothfussApr 26, 2005 1:10 pm
Subject:publication templating in 1.4
From:Dave (dave@max-imp.com)
Date:Apr 26, 2005 12:58:33 pm
List:org.apache.lenya.user

I am new to Lenya so this question is probably extremely lame, but as far as I see it publication templating simply falls back to different 'versions' of a file if one for the specific publication doesn't exist.

Why don't we just use symlinks? So instead of ever looking for these files in the level of Lenya we simply look inside the publication who by default have symlinks setup. This would give extreme control over where the files reside and make it really easy to see what file is being used if the publication doesn't have its own special one.

I am sure I am missing something since I don't understand why we need to implement the Instantiator interface either.