atom feed1 message in com.marklogic.developer.general[MarkLogic Dev General] start/stop wi...
FromSent OnAttachments
APEL HolgerNov 10, 2017 1:33 am
Subject:[MarkLogic Dev General] start/stop with CENTOS-7 and systemd
From:APEL Holger (AP@iso.org)
Date:Nov 10, 2017 1:33:40 am
List:com.marklogic.developer.general

Hello,

I've installed the latest MarkLogic 9 on CENTOS 7 which uses systemd to
bootstrap the system. But since the installer only provides
/etc/init.d/MarkLogic scripts I have created the following system unit file to
integrate it with systemd

[Unit] Description=MarkLogic Server After=syslog.target

[Service] Type=forking ExecStart=/etc/init.d/MarkLogic start ExecStop=/etc/init.d/MarkLogic stop

[Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target

That all seems to work and I can start/stop MarkLogic with systemctl now, but
the automatic restart triggered by the admin console doesn't work and
systemd-journald reports: Broadcast message from syst@vmlinmlc06.iso.ch (Fri 2017-11-10
10:05:11 CET): MarkLogic[7536]: Initialization: XDMP-DISABLED: Service disabled on
vmlinmlc06.iso.ch: Stopping by SIGTERM from pid 7535

Has anyone experience with MarkLogic and systemd?

Holger