atom feed4 messages in org.apache.jackrabbit.dev[jr3] SPI-based transient layer
FromSent OnAttachments
Jukka ZittingFeb 17, 2010 9:47 am
Stefan GuggisbergFeb 18, 2010 5:30 am
Michael DürigFeb 18, 2010 7:22 am
Marcel ReuteggerFeb 19, 2010 6:42 am
Subject:[jr3] SPI-based transient layer
From:Jukka Zitting (jukk@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 17, 2010 9:47:58 am
List:org.apache.jackrabbit.dev

Hi,

We currently have two parallel implementations of the transient layer in JCR, one in jackrabbit-core and one in jackrabbit-jcr2spi. Ideally we'd only have a single implementation and have jackrabbit-core implement the SPI instead of the JCR interfaces. That's probably not doable any time soon as SPI doesn't yet cover all of JCR 2.0, but we should still strive to reduce the amount of duplication between these two components.

My main worry with this work is that the assumptions encoded in the SPI layer may not be ideal for some of the other architectural ideas we have in mind.

BR,