atom feed9 messages in org.xwiki.devs[xwiki-devs] [VOTE] Move the WebDAV f...
FromSent OnAttachments
Vincent MassolJun 8, 2017 6:18 am
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)Jun 8, 2017 6:21 am
Guillaume DelhumeauJun 8, 2017 6:27 am
Denis GervalleJun 8, 2017 10:28 am
Sergiu DumitriuJun 8, 2017 4:50 pm
Thomas MortagneJun 9, 2017 12:59 am
Krzysiek PłachnoJun 9, 2017 1:16 am
Marius Dumitru FloreaJun 9, 2017 1:36 am
Vincent MassolJun 12, 2017 4:31 am
Subject:[xwiki-devs] [VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib
From:Vincent Massol (vinc@massol.net)
Date:Jun 8, 2017 6:18:23 am
List:org.xwiki.devs

Hi devs,

With https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1527
(http://markmail.org/message/t7khe7ufdtlsf5gl) we’ve removed the WebDAV feature
by default in XE.

I’d like to propose to go one step further and consider the webdav feature as
non-core and move it outside of the xwiki github organization and into
xwiki-contrib. I’d also propose that the XWiki Core Dev Team stops supporting
it.

Rationale: * We haven’t touched it in a long long time * It’s not a feature requested by our users anymore * If any contributor is interested in working on it one day, it’s simpler in
xwiki-contrib and it can be released independently of XWiki

Here’s my +1

Please cast your vote

Thanks -Vincent