atom feed44 messages in org.slf4j.devRe: [slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln
FromSent OnAttachments
Pete MuirAug 17, 2009 10:05 am
Ralph GoersAug 17, 2009 2:40 pm
Pete MuirAug 18, 2009 6:37 am
Ralph GoersAug 18, 2009 7:10 am
近藤 健Aug 18, 2009 9:59 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 8:31 am
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 9:15 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 11:17 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:20 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:29 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 11:42 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:51 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 12:38 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 1:58 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 2:15 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 2:21 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 2:31 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 2:40 pm
近藤 健Aug 20, 2009 8:22 am
Ralph GoersAug 20, 2009 8:35 am
Takeshi KondoAug 20, 2009 10:07 am
ralp...@dslextreme.comAug 20, 2009 10:20 am
Ceki GulcuAug 20, 2009 1:58 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 20, 2009 2:05 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 21, 2009 10:28 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 22, 2009 10:32 pm.jar, .jar
Ralph GoersAug 23, 2009 8:21 am
Takeshi KondoAug 23, 2009 8:40 am
Ceki GulcuAug 23, 2009 10:38 am
Takeshi KondoAug 23, 2009 4:59 pm
Ralph GoersAug 23, 2009 9:56 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 6:14 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 10:02 am
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 10:22 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 11:05 am
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 11:27 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 12:36 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 12:56 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 1:15 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 1:24 pm
Ralph GoersAug 24, 2009 1:33 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 2:02 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 25, 2009 1:32 am
Subject:Re: [slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln
From:Ralph Goers (rgo@apache.org)
Date:Aug 20, 2009 8:35:27 am
List:org.slf4j.dev

On Aug 20, 2009, at 8:22 AM, 近藤 健 wrote:

---

I think there is advantage using enum definition discussed below.

enum has information of package and definition class and field. Using this feature , I've designed 3 feature.

1. log message definition using enum For example sample code, it can define enum with log message. so developer don't need to write property file. property file must ensure consistency to log id by hand. enum and annotation do by compiler.

This is interesting. Providing the non-internationalized message text along with the key would make it easy to create a non-localized version of a product and then localize it later just by adding files.

2. default property file Because enum has class definition, log api is referable declared class of enum. Log api can load propery file from using declared class name. for example if enum class name is "example.LogMessages", default propery file is "example/LogMessages.properties".

Keep in mind that it isn't a great idea to have the localized files only be able to be loaded via the classloader. Ideally, they should be in a CMS. However, this pattern could still be useful for that. It is handy having the "bundle name" associated with the key.

3. package EnumMap must create per enum class. so if log id is enum, they aren't duplication.

You're saying this prevents duplicate message keys? This one is not something I worry about.

In this approach SLF4J would at least have to be able to serialize the enum and include the relevant parts - the class name, id and message.

Ralph