atom feed20 messages in org.apache.jackrabbit.dev[jr3] Flat hierarchy
FromSent OnAttachments
Jukka ZittingFeb 17, 2010 8:17 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 18, 2010 3:34 am
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 18, 2010 3:57 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 18, 2010 5:01 am
Stefan GuggisbergFeb 18, 2010 5:04 am
Jukka ZittingFeb 18, 2010 5:14 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 18, 2010 5:35 am
Jeff YeminFeb 18, 2010 7:27 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 18, 2010 8:04 am
Jeff YeminFeb 18, 2010 9:42 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 18, 2010 10:36 am
Jeff YeminFeb 18, 2010 10:53 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 18, 2010 12:52 pm
Jeff YeminFeb 18, 2010 1:04 pm
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 18, 2010 1:27 pm
Justin EdelsonFeb 18, 2010 1:36 pm
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 18, 2010 1:40 pm
Jeff YeminFeb 18, 2010 3:24 pm
Thomas MüllerFeb 19, 2010 4:03 am
Ian BostonFeb 22, 2010 2:27 pm
Subject:[jr3] Flat hierarchy
From:Jukka Zitting (jukk@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 17, 2010 8:17:31 am
List:org.apache.jackrabbit.dev

Hi,

This one's a quite frequently asked feature. Currently we store the full list of child nodes in the same bundle or node state record with the parent node. This makes it expensive to support nodes with large amounts (>>1k) of child nodes.

The obvious solution to this problem is to use a data structure like a B-tree to keep track of the child node entries. Doing this efficiently while still supporting both orderable nodes and same-name-siblings (i.e. nt:unstructured) probably requires some deeper thought. An added benefit would be the ability to do this on top of an append-only storage model.

Any other ideas on how we could do this?

BR,