atom feed44 messages in org.slf4j.devRe: [slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln
FromSent OnAttachments
Pete MuirAug 17, 2009 10:05 am
Ralph GoersAug 17, 2009 2:40 pm
Pete MuirAug 18, 2009 6:37 am
Ralph GoersAug 18, 2009 7:10 am
近藤 健Aug 18, 2009 9:59 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 8:31 am
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 9:15 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 11:17 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:20 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:29 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 11:42 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:51 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 12:38 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 1:58 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 2:15 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 2:21 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 2:31 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 2:40 pm
近藤 健Aug 20, 2009 8:22 am
Ralph GoersAug 20, 2009 8:35 am
Takeshi KondoAug 20, 2009 10:07 am
ralp...@dslextreme.comAug 20, 2009 10:20 am
Ceki GulcuAug 20, 2009 1:58 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 20, 2009 2:05 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 21, 2009 10:28 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 22, 2009 10:32 pm.jar, .jar
Ralph GoersAug 23, 2009 8:21 am
Takeshi KondoAug 23, 2009 8:40 am
Ceki GulcuAug 23, 2009 10:38 am
Takeshi KondoAug 23, 2009 4:59 pm
Ralph GoersAug 23, 2009 9:56 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 6:14 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 10:02 am
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 10:22 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 11:05 am
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 11:27 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 12:36 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 12:56 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 1:15 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 1:24 pm
Ralph GoersAug 24, 2009 1:33 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 2:02 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 25, 2009 1:32 am
Subject:Re: [slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln
From:Ceki Gulcu (ce@qos.ch)
Date:Aug 25, 2009 1:32:08 am
List:org.slf4j.dev

Ralph Goers wrote:

On Aug 24, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Ceki Gulcu wrote:

Takeshi Kondo wrote:

Hi Ceki

The fact that it can't be done in log4j does not mean that it can't be done.

Is it mean that it can be done in logback? If it is, I'll change logger to logback.

To be honest, at present time it can't be done in logback either. However, logback already has support for TurboFilters [1] which can already do arbitrary filtering. We'd need to enhance turbo filters so that they influence the contents of the logging event. My point is that the hook is already there, it needs to be enhanced.

What would need to be enhanced? Turbo Filters have access to the event and as far as I recall the event is not immutable. However, this becomes highly dependent on filters being run in the correct order.

At the time a turbo filter is called there is no event yet. The event is created after all the turbo filters are called (assuming none denied the request). As for immutability, most fields in a LoggingEvent are immutable.

Yes, the down side of having many filters is that they depend on their order of execution. The same principle applies in networking which explains why network filters are so damn fragile.