atom feed37 messages in com.selenic.mercurialRe: hgwebdir replacement - pylons hg app
FromSent OnAttachments
marcinkuzminskiJun 3, 2010 11:55 am
Adrian BuehlmannJun 3, 2010 1:20 pm
Jilles TjoelkerJun 3, 2010 2:00 pm
Adrian BuehlmannJun 3, 2010 3:52 pm
Mike MeyerJun 3, 2010 5:08 pm
Adrian BuehlmannJun 3, 2010 5:27 pm
Paul BoddieJun 4, 2010 1:35 am
marcinkuzminskiJun 4, 2010 2:19 am
Adrian BuehlmannJun 4, 2010 2:39 am
Benoit BoissinotJun 4, 2010 2:42 am
marcinkuzminskiJun 4, 2010 3:22 am
Mike MeyerJun 4, 2010 7:24 am
rupert.thurnerJun 6, 2010 4:33 am
marcinkuzminskiJun 7, 2010 4:05 am
marcinkuzminskiJun 7, 2010 7:30 am
Bill BarryJun 7, 2010 1:30 pm
marcinkuzminskiJun 7, 2010 2:28 pm
Bill BarryJun 8, 2010 6:19 am
marcinkuzminskiJun 8, 2010 1:10 pm
marcinkuzminskiJun 29, 2010 12:22 pm
DidlyJun 30, 2010 2:23 am
marcinkuzminskiJun 30, 2010 2:54 am
Alberto RodríguezJul 13, 2010 7:02 am
marcinkuzminskiJul 13, 2010 7:59 am
Alberto RodríguezJul 13, 2010 2:17 pm
marcinkuzminskiJul 14, 2010 2:41 am
marcinkuzminskiAug 17, 2010 3:36 pm
Didly BomAug 18, 2010 12:29 am
marcinkuzminskiAug 18, 2010 2:36 am
Didly BomAug 18, 2010 3:38 am
Alberto RodríguezAug 19, 2010 11:43 am
marcinkuzminskiAug 19, 2010 12:26 pm
marcinkuzminskiSep 23, 2010 4:55 am
Didly BomSep 24, 2010 3:27 am.png
marcinkuzminskiOct 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Adrian BuehlmannOct 11, 2010 12:00 am
Alberto RodríguezOct 11, 2010 7:42 am
Subject:Re: hgwebdir replacement - pylons hg app
From:Mike Meyer (mw@mired.org)
Date:Jun 4, 2010 7:24:19 am
List:com.selenic.mercurial

"Adrian Buehlmann" <adr@cadifra.com> wrote:

On 04.06.2010 02:08, Mike Meyer wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 00:52:41 +0200 Adrian Buehlmann <adr@cadifra.com> wrote:

If you put a BSD-like license to X, then I think you are (in good faith or not) essentially making a false claim. You can't open the license of X by doing that.

Not true. BSD-licensed X using the python API of a GPL2+ licensed VCS is certainly a GPL2+ package, and anyone who gets it that way has to honor that. But BSD-licensed X using the python API of a BSD-licensed Other VCS is still perfectly fine. ...

Which is clearly not the case we are talking about here, so completely irrelevant.

It sure looked to me like were talking about a BSD + GPL2+ combo.

vcs was defined as the library that calls mercurial via its python API.

What is unclear if you see

from mercurial import xxxx

in a python source?

Nothing. But including that line won't infect the source its in. Not until you
distribute it with mercurial. Until that happens, I'm perfectly free to do
whatever I want with it.

Of course, if you have a variant of the vcs library that doesn't import from mercurial then you may slap whatever license you want to the end product (of course depends on what else *that* vcs depends on then).

Exactly. That's the claim that releasing X with a GPL license makes. Nothing
false about it.

<mike