I can't get Netscape 1.1 beta3 to work under FreeBSD 2.0-RELEASE w/
XFree86-3.1. Please help. I did the following:
1. I downloaded netscape-v11b3-export.i386-unknown-bsd.tar.Z
2. I ran zcat netscape-v11b3-export.i386-unknown-bsd.tar.Z | tar xvf -.
I've got netscape executable, XKeysymDB, nls subdir, and text files
extracted under /usr/local/netscape.
3. I copied entire nls subdir to /usr/X11/lib/X11/nls and XKeysymDB to
4. setenv XNLSPATH /usr/X11/lib/X11/nls
setenv XKEYSYMDB /usr/X11/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
5. As root,
Obviously the /usr/local/netscape is not in your path ,
or you should do "rehash" - if you use tcsh for the system
to put new executable into the hashed list.
Try to start netscape either by specifing full path to it,
or cd'ing into /usr/local/netscape and then ./netscape
If you're in X11 environment as ordinary user and then
try to run some X11 app as su'ed root - most probably you'll
have the problem with X server. But this is other question