atom feed10 messages in com.googlegroups.jquery-en[jQuery] Would you consider making jQ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Nedjo RogersMay 29, 2006 8:25 pm
John ResigMay 29, 2006 9:07 pm
Nedjo RogersMay 30, 2006 4:55 pm
John ResigMay 30, 2006 5:57 pm
Jack SheddMay 31, 2006 7:55 am
Robb IrrgangMay 31, 2006 8:16 am
Mark ConstableMay 31, 2006 8:57 am
Jack SheddMay 31, 2006 9:29 am
John ResigMay 31, 2006 10:33 am
Jack SheddMay 31, 2006 10:45 am
Subject:[jQuery] Would you consider making jQuery available under the GPL?
From:Nedjo Rogers (ne.@civicspacelabs.org)
Date:May 29, 2006 8:25:19 pm
List:com.googlegroups.jquery-en

I note in this thread http://jquery.com/discuss/2006-April/000623/ that jQuery was relicensed last month from CC to "MIT". The "MIT" license is very permissive and so presents few barriers.

However, several developers with the Drupal content management system http://drupal.org are very impressed with jQuery and interested in the possibility of using it, and our policy doesn't allow code with non-GPL licenses in our packages (see http://drupal.org/node/66113).

Copywrite owners are free to license software under as many licenses as they wish.

Would you consider making jQuery available under the GPL *as well as* the "MIT" license?