atom feed4 messages in com.googlegroups.llvm-dev[LLVMdev] Avoiding jump (branch) inst...
FromSent OnAttachments
Charles YingJan 4, 2009 9:29 am
me22Jan 4, 2009 11:09 am
John CriswellJan 4, 2009 11:10 am
Filipe CabecinhasJan 5, 2009 8:12 am
Subject:[LLVMdev] Avoiding jump (branch) instructions in a LLVM JavaScript backend
From:Charles Ying (char@gmail.com)
Date:Jan 4, 2009 9:29:35 am
List:com.googlegroups.llvm-dev

Hello llvm-dev,

I've been hacking on a JavaScript backend to LLVM, starting with the CBackend as base.

Sadly, JavaScript does not support a "goto" style of jump instruction, making it "tricky" to code generate a jump instruction.

What might you recommend for avoiding jump instructions? Is there a transformation for something like this or any other ideas? The only solution I see at the moment is to write a small VM execution loop in JavaScript, but I was hoping that there might be other solutions.

Thanks! Charles