atom feed12 messages in org.openmoko.lists.communitynext generation keyboard layout (illume)
FromSent OnAttachments
Michal BrzozowskiJan 26, 2009 5:18 am
Giorgio MarcianoJan 26, 2009 5:26 am
Michal BrzozowskiJan 26, 2009 5:33 am
Yorick MokoJan 26, 2009 6:09 am
Margo KoppelmannJan 26, 2009 6:27 am
Rui Miguel Silva SeabraJan 26, 2009 6:27 am
Michal BrzozowskiJan 26, 2009 6:35 am
Rui Miguel Silva SeabraJan 26, 2009 7:56 am
Michal BrzozowskiJan 26, 2009 8:06 am
BrockJan 26, 2009 9:14 am
"Bernd (Jesus McCloud) Prünster"Jan 26, 2009 12:06 pm
"Bernd (Jesus McCloud) Prünster"Jan 26, 2009 1:36 pm
Subject:next generation keyboard layout (illume)
From:Michal Brzozowski (ruso@poczta.fm)
Date:Jan 26, 2009 5:18:40 am
List:org.openmoko.lists.community

Hi,

Here's a keyboard layout that I've created.

The idea is to have a finger friendly keyboard good for normal text as well as terminal input. It needs some polish, but I'm sure you'll have cool ideas how to make it better, so I'm releasing now.

Features: - doesn't use the dictionary (I've found the dict too slow for now, at least on SHR unstable) - not using the dictionary, it can utilize the top part of the keyboard app (see screenshots) - Fn key that switches between qwerty and a layout with some special characters, arrows and numbers - Enter and backspace keys (so no finger sliding needed) - Some keys are very thin and are on the edges of the screen. You use them by pressing the GTA's case near the screen (I take no responsibility if doing that damages your phone). - No capslock. - The very thin key on the left is tab, the very thin one on the right is Enter. - There is an up and down arrow to use for command line history. - You can switch to another layout by sliding your finger up on the keyboard (the keyboard selection button is covered by the keys).

Screenshots: http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~makbet/keyboard1.png http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~makbet/keyboard2.png

The layout file: http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~makbet/Keyboard-ng.kbd

I've only tested this on SHR unstable.

Have fun!