The Apache Synapse team is pleased to announce the project is
releasing 1.1of the Open Source Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
Apache Synapse is a fast, easy-to-use and Apache Licensed Open Source ESB.
Apache Synapse offers a wide range of connectivity, including HTTP/S, JMS,
WS-ReliableMessaging and WS-Security. The project has been designed to allow
support advanced functionality such as load-balancing, throttling, and
failover without writing code.
The new Apache Synapse 1.1 release includes many enhancements based on
feedback from users, including:
* Apache VFS based file transport - supports File System, FTP, SFTP,
JAR, ZIP, TAR, GZIP, Mime
* Scheduled Task support makes it simple to run repetitive tasks
* XQuery mediator - simplifies XML transformation with the XQuery
* POJO Command mediator - allows the creation of message-independent
* DB Report and DB Lookup mediators - support message augmentation and
* Cache and Throttle mediators/enhancements - improve performance and
manage load on existing services
* Split/Clone/Aggregate mediators - support batch processing of large
* Improved logging and tracing support
With asynchronous support for HTTP and HTTPS, Apache Synapse has very high
scalability under load,
supporting thousands of concurrent connections even with limited threads.
Combined with streaming XML support,
Apache Synapse has class-leading performance results.