atom feed22 messages in com.googlegroups.nodejsRe: [nodejs] Re: Building node-sqlite...
FromSent OnAttachments
C. MundiJan 6, 2012 7:35 pm
C. MundiJan 6, 2012 7:40 pm
LamFeb 29, 2012 7:03 pm
C. MundiMar 1, 2012 7:50 am
Jude LamMar 1, 2012 8:31 am
C. MundiMar 1, 2012 9:29 am
Jude LamMar 1, 2012 4:22 pm
Jude LamMar 3, 2012 6:20 am
Jude LamMar 3, 2012 7:06 am
mscdexMar 3, 2012 7:16 am
C. MundiMar 3, 2012 8:20 am
Jude LamMar 3, 2012 11:38 am
mscdexMar 3, 2012 12:40 pm
C. MundiMar 3, 2012 1:08 pm
Nathan RajlichMar 3, 2012 1:54 pm
mscdexMar 3, 2012 4:21 pm
LamMar 4, 2012 11:30 am
LamMar 4, 2012 11:53 am
Nathan RajlichMar 4, 2012 12:19 pm
LamMar 4, 2012 12:38 pm
Nathan RajlichMar 4, 2012 12:48 pm
LamMar 4, 2012 1:10 pm
Subject:Re: [nodejs] Re: Building node-sqlite for Windows
From:Nathan Rajlich ("nat@tootallnate.net)
Date:Mar 4, 2012 12:19:47 pm
List:com.googlegroups.nodejs

Lam, definitely read up on how modules work, but the questions you were asking are more related to how "packages" work (as in, a collection of modules in a directory tree). The heart of how packages work is the package.json file, which describes, among other things, the entry point of the package and the name. That's how node knows which file to load initially when requiring a "package" like node-sqlite3.

So for the case of node-sqlite3, you can see that the entry point<https://github.com/developmentseed/node-sqlite3/blob/29cb28e543b6e30495c462c02d9168d7b8d2065a/package.json#L36>is "lib/sqlite3.js". Now the fork that I made of node-sqlite3 that has gyp support, I used node-bindings <https://github.com/TooTallNate/node-bindings>to require the compiled node_sqlite3.node file<https://github.com/TooTallNate/node-sqlite3/blob/gyp/lib/sqlite3.js#L1>. node-bindings expects to find the compiled .node file in its default build location, so once you have compiled with node-gyp, it will Just Work.

From there, you can require() the node-sqlite3 directory and the package handling logic will kick in. Hope that was helpful!