atom feed5 messages in com.selenic.mercurial-develRe: GSoC 2013: Advanced Revset Optimi...
FromSent OnAttachments
Ankur AnkanApr 10, 2013 9:54 am
Jordi Gutiérrez HermosoApr 10, 2013 10:38 am
Bryan O'SullivanApr 10, 2013 8:15 pm
Matt MackallApr 11, 2013 10:24 am
Ankur AnkanApr 11, 2013 11:05 am
Subject:Re: GSoC 2013: Advanced Revset Optimization
From:Matt Mackall (mp@selenic.com)
Date:Apr 11, 2013 10:24:31 am
List:com.selenic.mercurial-devel

On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 20:15 -0700, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso < jord@octave.org> wrote:

Any idea who would be mentoring this project?

We don't have a specific mentor in mind yet, but there are several people who could do it.

A good candidate would be someone from Facebook, as the behaviour of revsets is important to us.

I actually like to avoid mentors having to be either code reviewers or champions. This limits the amount of hand-holding and forces students to actually take the initiative in talking to the experts and getting their code in.