atom feed11 messages in com.realvnc.vnc-listVNCServer throttles user inpt for slo...
FromSent OnAttachments
Kyprianou, MarkMay 15, 2002 1:36 pm
Jonathan MortonMay 15, 2002 8:16 pm
Alex K. AngelopoulosMay 16, 2002 5:17 am
Kyprianou, MarkMay 16, 2002 6:05 am
Fetzik, JohnMay 16, 2002 7:21 am
Kieran McKennaMay 16, 2002 7:50 am
Jonathan MortonMay 16, 2002 8:34 am
Kyprianou, MarkMay 17, 2002 7:52 am
Kieran McKennaMay 17, 2002 8:15 am
Kyprianou, MarkMay 20, 2002 6:48 am
Subject:VNCServer throttles user inpt for slow client
From:Kyprianou, Mark (mkyp@ICTV.com)
Date:May 15, 2002 1:36:33 pm
List:com.realvnc.vnc-list

I've noticed some strange behavior for "slow" VNCclients. Does the server throttle user input to the client as a function of how fast the client is responding?

I have a client that I want to limit the frame rate for. So I've created my own VNCclient with a delay timer in the main processing loop. The problem is that the VNCServer seems to spread out my mouse events over time even though they have already occurred. I would expect my mouse behavior to be very jumpy, but what I see is the events spread out over time. What is the VNCServer doing?

thanx, mark