atom feed4 messages in org.xwiki.users[xwiki-users] Bean converter in XWiki...
FromSent OnAttachments
Lewis DenizenSep 28, 2009 9:22 am
Thomas MortagneSep 28, 2009 12:08 pm
Thomas MortagneSep 29, 2009 1:13 am
Lewis DenizenSep 29, 2009 2:05 pm
Subject:[xwiki-users] Bean converter in XWiki 2.0
From:Lewis Denizen (oran@gmail.com)
Date:Sep 28, 2009 9:22:29 am
List:org.xwiki.users

Hi xwiki-users,

I just have to say... Thank you to the Dev team for such a great XWiki 2.0 release! XWiki is the best wiki I've ever encountered - the ideas in it have really shown what Java + open source libs can achieve. The result is purely extraordinary! Thank you so much for such a great piece of software!

Now to the real stuff - I was trying to migrate my XWiki 1.x macro to 2.0. But, it seems something has changed within the bean converter and now Booleans on MacroParameters have to be specified with a getX(), rather than a isX() (which is JavaBeans convention). I haven't digged into the code, and changing my macro to use getX() fixed the issue, but... 1) it would be nice if the bean converter supported the conventional JavaBeans syntax and... 2) it would be nice if XWiki threw some exception (or logged an exception) if the parameter could not be converted properly (not sure if it's just my log level, but digging out the issue would've been easy if there were logs).

But again, really appreciate the great release, looking forward to further development on this wonderful software!

-- Lewis