atom feed8 messages in org.codehaus.groovy.userRe: [groovy-user] Increasing heap siz...
FromSent OnAttachments
paduffyMar 2, 2007 8:24 pm
Russel WinderMar 2, 2007 11:47 pm
paduffyMar 3, 2007 6:30 am
Paul KingMar 3, 2007 11:54 am
paduffyMar 3, 2007 5:38 pm
Paul KingMar 3, 2007 5:45 pm
Antti KarantaMar 4, 2007 10:58 pm
Paul KingMar 5, 2007 1:00 am
Subject:Re: [groovy-user] Increasing heap size when using groovy command?
From:Paul King (pau@asert.com.au)
Date:Mar 3, 2007 5:45:01 pm
List:org.codehaus.groovy.user

Are you using the native launcher? On windows try replacing groovy with groovy.exe and on Linux try 'which groovy' (if memory serves).

Paul.

paduffy wrote:

Hmmm...

I get the following...

H:\dbexport>groovy -Xmx512m genDeviceAssoc.groovy Caught: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Xmx512m (H:\dbexport\Xmx512m)

?

paduffy wrote:

Oh well, I was hoping there was a way to simply set this on the groovy command line, per invocation.

Python version of a test app uses a lot of mem but runs fine via simple command line execution. Groovy equivalent is blowing through the heap...thus the question.

Rather not muck around with the env vars unless there is no other way.

I believe you can use -Xmx when using the native launcher:

groovy -Xmx2000M Misc/src/SetTest.groovy

Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap error: jvm creation failed with code -4: not enough memory

(shown with a too large value to ensure it wasn't being ignored)

Paul.