atom feed19 messages in org.opensolaris.zfs-discussRe: [zfs-discuss] Does your device ho...
FromSent OnAttachments
Bryant EadonFeb 10, 2009 10:35 am
Peter SchullerFeb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Miles NordinFeb 10, 2009 11:23 am
Chris RiddFeb 10, 2009 11:27 am
TimFeb 10, 2009 12:19 pm
Peter SchullerFeb 10, 2009 1:36 pm
David Collier-BrownFeb 10, 2009 1:55 pm
Miles NordinFeb 10, 2009 2:56 pm
Peter SchullerFeb 10, 2009 3:45 pm
Bob FriesenhahnFeb 10, 2009 4:08 pm
Jeff BonwickFeb 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Toby ThainFeb 10, 2009 5:23 pm
Miles NordinFeb 10, 2009 6:10 pm
Frank CusackFeb 10, 2009 7:36 pm
Toby ThainFeb 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bryant EadonFeb 10, 2009 10:28 pm
Eric D. MudamaFeb 11, 2009 12:25 am
David Dyer-BennetFeb 11, 2009 7:27 am
Frank CusackFeb 11, 2009 8:24 am
Subject:Re: [zfs-discuss] Does your device honor write barriers?
From:Bob Friesenhahn (bfri@simple.dallas.tx.us)
Date:Feb 10, 2009 4:08:23 pm
List:org.opensolaris.zfs-discuss

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Tim wrote:

You apparently have not used apple's disk. It's nothing remotely resembling "enterprise-type" disk.

That is not true of Apple's only server system "Xserve". It uses SAS disks similar to the ones in the enterprise offerings of Sun, IBM, etc, and at a similar price point. The main reason to want to pay $1,200 for Apples OS OS-X server offering is so that you can run it on this 1U Xserve hardware. I am not sure why anyone would want to do that, but I have worked for an outfit for which this was the most important priority.